Wish List

Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Using more card parts...

I had a couple of embossed panels in my stash that a friend had given me years ago. I pulled them out, determined to use them on a couple of cards. Here is what I made:

This rather unique embossed design featured a bride and groom. It was on off-white cardstock, so I chose a complementary black and off-white patterned cardstock from my stash for a card base.

I backed the panel with black and popped it up with foam tape. The sentiment was heat-embossed onto a strip of vellum and adhered, along with a small punched heart.


I used a "frosty white" ink pad that had a tiny bit of sparkle to go over the raised sections of the embossing, hoping that would help it stand out a little more. I think it did help--but not a lot.









On the inside, I added a stamped sentiment and a couple of those small punched hearts.





This second card features the green embossed panel that I received from the same friend. She actually sent me panels of every embossing folder she owned at the time.

I stamped "Birthday Wishes" and added the "Sweet" die-cut just above it on my die-cut oval. The oval was popped up on foam tape. 



The cherries were a random sticker I had in my stash. It's a layered sticker, and it had just the right green color in the leaves, so it looks quite nice on the card.

















On the inside is another stamped sentiment. I also added a tiny heart that had been cut out with the word "Sweet."

Both of these cards were donated to the thrift store, so I hope they sell.















We have been dealing with lots of snow here in Minneapolis. Some of the streets are so narrow now, with snowbanks on either side, that two cars often  cannot drive past each other. One must pull over where it can and let the other pass.

Here's a photo taken from my front step:
While shoveling snow can be back-breaking, especially when it is as moisture-laden as this stuff  was, it is not as bad as the flooding that has taken place in California.  I feel so bad for those who have suffered catastrophic losses there. Please keep them in your prayers.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

5 comments:

Lynne in NI said...

Well done you for using your lovely panels from your friend, they're both fabulous!
Your snow looks lovely though I'm sure it's not so much fun shovelling it!! We haven't had a single flake of snow this year, just rain, rain and more rain! Our garden is a complete sodden mess.

Glittered Paws said...

Isn't it fun when you find something in your stash and immediately a card comes to mind. Love the bride/groom card - now for a wedding or to go in the thrift shop. The birthday card is cute as well.
The snow is beautiful - BUT.....we don't want it!!! We don't shovel - Wayne has a bob cat and a snow blade and he starts pushing first our driveway then the neighbors. The driveways in our subdivision are "long" more than you want to shovel so he usually gets a couple of "tips" - at least enough to cover his fuel.

Lynette said...

Your cards are very lovely! Doesn't it feel good to use up some of those card parts we have? I just used up several from my Card Parts book. I love your curved sidewalk! Lots and lots of snow, for sure!

designbydonna said...

Sorry I'm late in commenting. Not to rub it in but while you were shoveling snow, we were enjoying the beach in Belize. Love these embossing folders. Black and white is always an elegant look. Your birthday card is very sweet.

JD/ Jill said...

Two lovely cards! The black and is just stunning!