Wish List

Friday, January 20, 2023

Happy birthday flowers and a new family member...

 

This card actually uses another card part - the white, woodgrain embossed background. It had been sitting there for a long, long time.


The flowers and sentiment came from a stamp, die and stencil set that I've had for a while. I stamped the flowers, used the stencils to color them and then cut them out with the coordinating dies--easy, peasy.

I should have varied the colors a bit more (and I definitely will the next time), but it actually looks better IRL






The sentiment on the inside was another card part. It had been stamped and cut out with a stitched rectangle die, so I simply adhered it to the inside of this card.                                                                                                                                                        









And now for the big news at our house - we are adopting a fur baby. His name is Mickey, he's a one-year-old Australian Cattle Dog mix, and he's with us for the next two weeks on a foster basis. After that, if all goes well (and I expect it to), we'll formally adopt him.

He has the sweetest temperament, loves everybody, and is even house-trained already. He's so quiet, too. We've had him for four days so far and I've yet to hear him bark. 

Yesterday he had to undergo neutering surgery. Poor little guy!! He was still loopy from the anesthesia when he got home and slept for a couple of hours. He perked up later, but I can tell his incision is uncomfortable. We have medication to give him for the next five days, but he's really good about taking it. Like me, he's definitely food-motivated. LOL

I hope you won't mind if I add a picture or two of him to my blog posts from time to time.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

8 comments:

designbydonna said...

The flowers are beautiful. That is interesting about coloring through a stencil. . Congrats on your new member. He is a cutie. Would love to see pictures,

Glittered Paws said...

Well first things first - Hello Handsome Mickey - what a nice addition to your family. I think he is already comfortable in his new surroundings. Great to foster first then adopt - or what we call "failed fosters". We foster Rhodesian Ridgebacks and that is how we got our Buddy dog so we were labeled failed fosters.
So for the card - beautiful and love the coloring. I hope you put that stencil to use again. I have a ton of stencils but just don't use them much.
Have a great weekend.

Jeanne H said...

Beautiful coloring. Love flowers on cards. Yes, yes, please include dog pictures on your blog. I miss mine so much...

Patti J said...

Your card is beautiful, Cheryl! However, Mickey has 100% stolen the show! What a sweet, handsome guy he is! I for one am looking forward to seeing many photos of him! Thanks for sharing! Enjoy your new addition to the family!

Lynette said...

Wonderful card - great coloring and way to use up more card parts!! I've been working hard on mine. :-) Congrats on the new addition to the family! I hope (and am sure) that he works out for you.

Lynne in NI said...

Well hello there Mickey, aren't you a gorgeous boy! Molly sends a big woofy welcome, and yes do share more photos!
Your flowers are gorgeous by the way and coloured beautifully!

JD/ Jill said...

Your card is beautiful! And Mickey is so cute. I would love to see more pictures of hime.

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

A beautiful birthday card and so beautifully coloured too. Welcome to your wonderful new member of your family. He's so cute!! and look forward to your pup updates too Michelle x