Wish List

Monday, August 2, 2021

A couple more crazy birds...

 

I had fun creating this card using a "Crazy Bird" stamp and die. The birds are so easy to color, die-cut and then pop onto your card front with a dimensional or two. Whenever I decide to use them, I usually stamp and color them all so that I can make several cards.

I created my clouds with a piece of torn cardstock, some ink and a blending brush. It looks like there's a big storm brewing!


Here's the inside of my card. The sentiment (found somewhere online) just made me laugh, so I had to use it on a card.

Looking at my card now, though, I wish I had created a little jump rope out of baker's twine for my bird. Maybe next time...






Here's my second card with a more conventional sentiment, which was also computer-generated.

This time I used an embossing folder on the top half of my white layer and added a score line to give it a finished look where it ended.


Here's the inside sentiment for this card.

Both of these cards were donated to the thrift store. It will be interesting to see how quickly they sell. I rather like using sales of my cards to see which ones appeal to people. It seems there's a buyer out there for all of them, but some take longer than others to sell. 

One day, a customer came into the store and bought every single card on display. That was a bit of a shocker. I guess she was stocking up on her own stash of cards by purchasing the ones I had made.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

4 comments:

Jeanne H said...

Great crazy bird cards. Made me laugh!

designbydonna said...

Those crazy birds always make me chuckle. Love the backgrounds. The sentiment on the first one are a hoot. I like the effect of partial embossed. Your coloring on the birds is fantastic. You are getting your money's worth with this stamp set.

Glittered Paws said...

I HAVE to get my crazy birds out - and yes I even know where they are. They are so much fun to work with and you have made two really cute cards. Love the 1/2 embossed card front. The jump rope line made me laugh. No storms brewing here - has been a beautiful week but supposed to get HOT over the weekend.

Lynne in NI said...

Well that was one happy customer (with great taste!!)
Your crazy birds look fab, you've coloured them beautifully too!