Wish List

Friday, August 27, 2021

So many mini-slimlines...

 I had a hankering to make some mini-slimline cards. I grabbed eight sheets of 8" X 8" patterned cardstock and cut them into 3 1/2" X 6" card bases. That left a couple strips of cardstock from each sheet to deal with later.

Here is what I did with those card bases:

These are the first four cards. The cardstock was in shades of purple and blue with a few other colors added in the designs. 

You can see in the photos the different embellishments I added--doilies (cut in half), enamel dots, ribbon, and die-cuts. The umbrellas and dresses were paper-pieced so as to coordinate with the cardstock patterns.

Each card had an inside sentiment, but to keep from boring you all to death, I've opted not to share them here.

And then there was the issue of what to do with the left-over strips of cardstock. I couldn't just throw them away. Horrors! And so I used most of them to create another card:

I spaced the strips of cardstock evenly on a piece of white paper. Then cut a rectangle to fit an A2 card base. It makes a pretty busy background, but I think someone will like it (this card, along with all the others, has been donated to the thrift shop to sell).


I cut a couple of flowers out of watercolor paper and colored them up with ProMarkers.

The sentiment was created with a new stamp set. I simply stamped it and then fussy-cut it out, adding it to my card with dimensionals.









I used another leftover strip of cardstock on the inside of my card, along with a stamped sentiment.

All in all, I felt pretty good about using up as much of the cardstock as I could. There were just a few small scraps left that went into the recycling bin.

We had a lovely time tonight helping my niece celebrate her recent marriage. She and her new husband held a gathering at their home. Luckily, the weather cooperated so we could all sit outside and enjoy some live music and each other's company. It warms my heart to see her so happy!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl


6 comments:

Jyoti said...

These cards are so pretty!Wonderful Post! Have a great weekend!
Rampdiary | Fineartandyou | Beautyandfashionfreaks 

Lynette said...

Great cards, Cheryl! They will sell so quickly! I love all the different embellishments that you used. (I have that same paper pad.) Congrats to your niece!

designbydonna said...

Wow Cheryl, you have been busy. They are all great cards but you know I think my favorite is the one you made with all the leftover strips. It is not too busy since all the colors and patterns are coordinated. The large white oval also distracts from any busyness. I'm sure these will sell quickly. I have been trying to do that with the pieces I have left over.

Patti J said...

Well, look at you go! You are a card making wizard, my friend! These are all amazing, right down to the last one using the ‘leftover’ strips! Great job!

Glittered Paws said...

You have been a busy card maker and I know the thrift store appreciates all the cards you donate. I think (ok I know) I have some of the same papers you used - Inspiration growing - and then to use the strips of leftover to make another card - Brilliant. Glad you had fun at your nieces get together.

R's Rue said...

I love your cards. Thank you for sharing your creativity with us. I appreciate it. Happy Monday.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com