Wish List

Friday, August 20, 2021

Christmas isn't all that far away...

 ...and I have finally gotten a decent start on cards for the occasion.

I decided to use a blue/silver/white color combo. The diagonal-stripe frame and sentiment panel were cut from white CS, the poinsettia petals from pale blue and the leaves and sentiment frame from silver.


I added somed darker blue ink to the centers of each set of petals, and, after shaping them, adhered a sparkly enamel dot to the center.

I really liked how these cards (I made 10 of them) turned out, and now I'd like to try some other colors--purple? pink? 







The poinsettia die set came with four separate layers of petals. I used the first three on my main flower and then added the fourth and smallest layer to the inside of my card. Both sentiments on this card were stamped with older stamps that I've had in my stash for a long time.

We walked to a local restaurant--just 3 blocks from our house--for dinner last night. The restaurant--called "Heather's"--has wonderful food, based on organic, seasonal produce. I had a Cajun shrimp salad that was delicious! The restaurant has a large tented area outside. The sides of the tent can be rolled up for good air flow and that's where their main dining area is these days. They use the tent well into the winter months, heating it with outdoor patio heaters. It's so nice to have a good restaurant that is a walkable distance from our home.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

6 comments:

Patti J said...

Cheryl, this is so pretty! I love the beautiful blue and silver, and the pop of those whit strips is the perfect design element! Great card!

designbydonna said...

Wow! Gorgeous! I love silver with blue. Your flower is so pretty. I think this would look great in other colors. Be sure to share if you try that.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I really like that die cut to set off the rest of the beautiful arrangement and colors! I getting anxious to get into some more cards for Christmas even though I think I already have enough left over from 2020! This one of yours is very nice!

Lynette said...

So beautiful, Cheryl! I love your gorgeous poinsettia! How nice you can walk to a restaurant. We used to live close enough to walk to many places, but we can't really walk to anything these days. :-(

Glittered Paws said...

Beautiful - and love the blues, I agree it would be pretty in other colors as well. And what a great start you have on Christmas cards. We don't live close enough to walk - and our subdivision is very hilly. But we can drive just about anywhere in under 10 minutes.

Lynne in NI said...

Beautiful in blue ... Love your colouring on your petals
That is nice you have a good restaurant nearby, with good ventilation too! Our infections and deaths are all sky high again, yet our government is busy opening everything up and relaxing restrictions. Scary stuff!