Wish List

Monday, August 16, 2021

Final Twofer Card Challenge #41...

 


Sadly, this is the final month for the Twofer Card Challenge. I have enjoyed this challenge so much over the last few years, that I simply had to play along for this final one. Since the theme was Dog/Cat, I pulled out my cat-themed stamps and dies. I would have pulled out some dog stamps--but I don't have any!

Here's what I came up with:

The stamp I used is the cat inside the terracotta flower pot. 

For this card I stamped my "cat in a pot" onto a piece of white card and then colored in the pot. The stamp colors almost all of the cat except his paws, nose and the inside of his ears, so I used my ProMarkers to add some color to those areas. Because his face needed defining, I used a black pen to add some whiskers and to darken a few areas.


When I was done coloring my cat, I cut a mask to cover him while I used a stencil to add some interest to the wall behind him. I applied a narrow strip of lace (a sticker) to the top of a piece of aqua cardstock. I cut along the bottom of the pot so that I could slip the lace-edged cardstock underneath it just a tiny bit.

The sentiment was from the same stamp set as the cat. It was cut out with a fancy oval die.

See all those little star cut-outs on the oval? I used them on the second card.





I added another stamped sentiment on the inside, along with a few stamped pawprints.










For my second card, I decided to cut the sleeping cat away from the flower pot and put him in a Christmas stocking. The only trouble was I didn't have a stamp or die for the stocking that was the right size, so I decided to just free-hand it.  I think it turned out okay.


I added a baker's twine loop to one side of my stocking and "hung" it from a silver brad.

See all those tiny stars that came from the fancy oval die-cut on the first card?









I stamped a sentiment on the inside of this card and added a red strip of CS and a tiny die-cut cat.


I want to thank Darnell and her team for creating and managing the fabulous Twofer Challenge Blog. I am sorry to see it end, but I fully understand that sometimes life has a way of re-adjusting our priorities for us. 

Challenge blogs are a lot of work, and I appreciate all these creative ladies have done. They've left such kind comments and always inspired me to think of new ways to use my crafting supplies. I am truly grateful.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl


8 comments:

designbydonna said...

Cheryl, your cats are so adorable. Cats do like to get inside things. I can just see them crawling inside a flower pot. Pretty "wallpaper" behind the flowerpot. I like the paw prints inside. We crafters tend not to throw anything away. Good reuse of the stars from the oval label. You did a super job cutting your own stocking. Great twofer cat cards.

Lynette said...

What a great idea to take the kitty out of the pot and put her in a stocking - genius! Both of your cards are super, Cheryl, and I like that you took the leftover stars from the first and used them on your second card. You did an awesome job on the stocking, too!

Darnell said...

You've rocked the concept of Twofer with your usual amazing creativity, Cheryl. It's been a pleasure seeing your Twofer creations over the last four years and I love these two, too! That sweet cat sleeping in the pot makes me smile and I love the layout you have created to showcase her on your birthday design. And, look at you, a stamp artist! Your Christmas stocking is wonderful and it's made such a clever place for your sweet kitty to take another nap! Again, thank you for your support and enthusiasm and for joining in this final challenge! Hugs, Darnell

Patti J said...

Both cards made me smile! You always do such lovely work! I also appreciate all of the hard work that goes int a challenge. Darnell is amazing! Thanks for sharing, dear friend!

Glittered Paws said...

Oh how precious - the cat is so lifelike - I miss my kitty crawling up in my lap in the evening. What a great job on this last twofer. Then you didn't let anything go to waste, even used the leftover stars. You did a great job on the free hand stocking. Love them both.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling twofer with the sleeping kitty, Cheryl - just love the terra cotta pot on card one and sweet stocking on card two!!

Marcia Hill said...

Two FABULOUS cards using that sweet kitty image Cheryl! He is just ADORABLE inside the flower pot, and love your stenciled background too! And your Christmas card is just as sweet with the kitten in the stocking, and YAY to you for drawing your own stocking...great job! Thanks so much for playing along with us these past 4 years at The Twofer Challenge...we so appreciate players like you!! Marcia (DT) :0)

oldpunca said...

This are two wonderful cat cards, Cheryl. I do love cats. :-) Cat in the pot is fabulous colored. You've added great background with stenciling and masking. Congratulation to the "hand made" sock on the second card. Perfect place for the cat. Thank you for joining us at the final TCC and thank you for the nice words. Hugs, Sonja