Wish List

Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Masculine birthday card...

 

I've had this retro car die for quite a long time and haven't used it nearly enough. I like it because it's a very simple die to cut out--only the headlights are cut separately and added to it.


I created the two tone look by first placing my die (with the cut shape still inside it) on an embossing pad, adjusting my sandwich and running it through my Big Shot again. Once that was done, I swiped  a white ink pad over the parts of the car that were exposed in the open areas of the die.




After the ink had dried, I glued on the headlights (cut from silver metallic CS) and added a silver center to each wheel with a Viva Decor pen.

To embellish my card, I added a colorful banner and three small, silver, self-adhesive metal squares to my upper righthand corner. Each flag on the banner is popped up with a foam square.

The inside was pretty plain with just a stamped sentiment. I may go back and add another of those banners to spice it up a bit.

Did you celebrate National Night Out on August 3? We closed off our block to traffic and asked families to bring their own drinks and a treat to share. We set up a table and lawn chairs in the street so that neighbors could visit. I brought a big jug of lemonade for the kids. They loved having the street blocked off so they could play games and ride their bikes and scooters with no vehicles driving through.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

5 comments:

designbydonna said...

Great masculine card. I think all guys like antique cars. Did you stitch your banner on the machine? One suggestion--I would add light grey shadowing under the car to anchor it. Or use black lines to give a road look.

Glittered Paws said...

Very nice - what a great guy card. Love the stitching of the banner. What evening with a neighborhood block party. People just don't do that as often as they should.

Patti J said...

Cute as can be! Great manly card, and the sentiment is SO much fun! Thanks for the inspiration!

Patti J said...

P.S. Your block party sounds like a blast!

Lynette said...

Oh, what a great "guy" card, Cheryl! I was wondering how you did the two-tone on the car. Thanks for explaining that.

Our neighborhood association had a dinner on National Night Out. That was very fun. We have a small association, though.