Wish List

Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Sweet baby cards...

 

I decided I needed to make some baby cards to donate to the thrift store. I found a card similar to this one on Pinterest, so I decided to give it a try.

I found a heart die in my Valentine supplies and cut it out of the top of a white panel; then I used an embossing folder to add some texture to the panel.


I looked through my scraps to find some DSP in soft colors.

I also used a die to cut out some little giraffes. I inked their spots through the holes in the die, added pink cardstock to their inner ears and some dark gray cardstock to their eyes.

My little giraffe's  head was popped up, as was the coordinating heart. I also popped up my white embossed panel to give the whole front of my card lots of dimension.





I stamped the front sentiment with an acrylic stamp and the inside sentiment with a really old wood-mounted stamp.









I had so much fun making this card that I decided to make three more. I thought they all turned out pretty cute.

We had to turn our AC on again today. The heat and humidity are back. They are predicting some rain on Friday, though, and that is good news! We are so dry, that I haven't had to mow the lawn in weeks.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

7 comments:

Lynette said...

Those are so super-sweet, Cheryl! They will just fly out of the thrift store, for sure!! I love those cute little giraffes.

designbydonna said...

AWWWW! These are sweet. That is a very cute baby giraffe. The E/F was a good choice. Looks like your giraffe are peeking up through the trees.

Patti J said...

So sweet! I’m sure the thrift store enjoys your donations! Thanks for the evening smiles!

Jeanne H said...

Darling cards. I'm going to CASE as I'e a great grandbaby on the way!! :-)

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

SO A-DOR-A-BLE!!! Love all of them! They will likely sell very quickly!

Glittered Paws said...

What sweet cards - I have this giraffe die - so will just have to case these. Don't need a lot of baby cards but dear grand daughter can use them. Thanks for the inspiration.

Lynne in NI said...

Oh my, these are soooo cute!!