Wish List

Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Pretty peacock...

 

I've had this peacock die for a while and didn't quite know what to do with it. Finally, I decided to cut it out of some gold metallic cardstock and use it as the focal point on a card. I began by cutting my A2 cardbase from some patterned cardstock and rounding the upper right corner. Then I adhered a narrow strip of black CS across the top as a base for my peacock to stand on. Finally, I used some foam tape to adhere a sentiment that I had printed using the Impact Label font.


I added a few colored gems to the tail of my peacock for a bit more sparkle.










The inside of my card was pretty plain, with just a computer-generated sentiment.

This card actually sold quickly at the thrift store, so I think I'll have to make a few more. It's quick and easy to make, but the gold metallic cardstock and gems give it lots of pizzazz.

I am enjoying a rainy day inside, today. It's been a very long time since we've had a rainy day, so it's definitely a nice change of pace.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

6 comments:

Lynette said...

Rainy days can be great, can't they? :-) Your peacock is gorgeous with the shine and the pretty bling! It must be so fun to see your hand-made cards fly out the door!

designbydonna said...

Gorgeous peacock in gold foil and with the bling accents. You display it very well. Send some of that rain my way. Our grass is beginning to look really brown.

Patti J said...

Oh my gosh, this is so pretty! The bling is the perfect finishing touch! Beautifully done!

Glittered Paws said...

So pretty - and what a great die, makes me smile. The thrift store is so lucky to have you - and I can see why your cards "fly" off the shelf.

R's Rue said...

Wow. It’s beautiful. I love it.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Lynne in NI said...

Oh I love your snazzy peacock Cheryl, he's a stunner! Sorry I haven't visited in an age, I see you've been super busy as always! Hope you and yours are all well xx