Wish List

Friday, July 30, 2021

Bountiful butterflies...

 

This is a super quick, fun card to make. I recently purchased a slimline butterfold die, so I had to give it a try. The pink butterfly panel cut beautifully, and I used an old punch to create some flowers. 


I used some Nuvo Drops for the butterfly bodies and for the flower centers.

I also cut some tiny pieces of foam squares to put under the butterfly wings, close to their bodies, to lift them up and give them some dimension.

The "Happy Birthday" was stamped, cut out with a small rectangle die and added with some foam tape underneath it.



The inside sentiment was stamped with an old Fiskars stamp. 

I made this card for the thrift store and it sold very quickly, so I think I'll have to make a few more.  I think the butterfly panel can be used for a few different occasions, too.

Our temps have dropped a few degrees here, but the humidity is still high. Worse than the temps and humidity, though, is the bad air quality because of the fires north of us. Minnesota borders Canada and smoke seems to pouring down from the fires there. Yesterday, as I drove home from volunteering at the thrift store, there was a sign above the highway that warned of poor air quality and asked everyone to limit their vehicle trips because of it.

Last night we had tickets for an outdoor, candlelit Vivaldi concert (string quartet). Because of the air quality, it had to be moved inside. It was still beautiful, but sad that we couldn't sit near the Mississippi River as planned, and listen to the gorgeous music under the stars.

I hope the air quality is much better where you are!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

4 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

he butterfly die - pretty much stands alone. And the small daisy flower punch is an "old" one I have also but still use. I can see why this sold out quickly.
Our temps and humidity are better today - supposed to rain later. We don't have any air warning out yet. The fires are so sad

designbydonna said...

You know I love butterflies. This die is gorgeous. The daisies are a great embellishments. We don't have air quality warnings yet but are having a lot of hazy days. And the sunsets are spectacular due to the smoke drifting here from Oregan and California.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

This is such a happy card!!! It's a wonderful die and I love butterflies. I've never seen one like that.

Lynne in NI said...

Wow, what a lovely die, your butterflies are beautiful.
Hope your air quality has improved, so many fires around the world, it's so scary!!!