Wish List

Friday, July 16, 2021

Wishing you a bee-utiful birthday...

 

I have this happy set of bee stamps with matching dies, and I finally decided to use them on a card. I think their poses are so funny--they make me laugh just looking at them. My sentiment was computer-generated and added with some foam tape.

I didn't have a honeycomb stencil (yet) to make a background, so I selected this yellow and white patterned paper by Stampin' Up. Now that I've received my honeycomb stencil, I'll be using that for backgrounds for these little guys.


I cut a stitched hexagon and then used a stitched background die to add some texture to it. I thought the stitched lines looked like the the flight patterns of the bees.

The hexagon was inked around the edges and popped up on dimensionals, as were the bees.




On the inside of my card I added a computer-generated sentiment and another of the bees.

This card sold almost immediately at the thrift store. It's such a happy card, and we all can use a little more happy right now!









As promised, here are a couple of photos from our trip to the Northwest.

We made a side trip to a town called Long Beach on the coast of Washington. It prides itself on having the "world's longest beach." I don't know if that's true, but it went on in both directions further than the eye could see, so maybe...

Those are some of my family members walking toward the beach entrance in the photo. As you can see, it was a cool and cloudy day--very different from the 100+ temperatures they had experienced in the weeks prior to our visit.

This is my lovely granddaughter Hadley running barefooted on the beach. It was a windy day, great for flying kites, and so much fun to visit the coast and listen to the ocean roar.


Each morning my son offered to make me a latte. They were SO delicious! He has a manual Italian espresso machine and even orders Italian coffee beans because he says they make the best coffee. I won't argue with that!

He's also got many flavors to add to your brew if you desire.




I like mine with no flavors, but lots of foam. As you can see in the photo, my lattes were perfect!







That's it for me today. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

7 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

That is such a fun card! I love those happy little bees.....they look like they are sharing some belly laughs. I can see why the card sold so quickly! Great pictures from your vacation. We have visited the Pacific and Atlantic and I find it so relaxing to just sit, listen and enjoy the sounds.

Lynette said...

OH, what a cute little bee card, Cheryl - I love it! So cheery and delightful. Thanks for sharing pictures of your trip - looks wonderful.

designbydonna said...

Those bees are so cute and certainly look like they are having fun celebrating someone's b'day. I think bright yellows are so cheerful. Looks like you had a great trip. It is fun being with family again.

Lynne in NI said...

Lovely pics of your family Cheryl, bet they were delighted to see you (and glad of the cooler temps too!)
LOVE your card, those bees are adorable and the hexagon layer is just perfect!

Glittered Paws said...

Love your "bee" card - and the pattern paper is perfect for a honeycomb. Now the latte - well that would almost be worth the trip out there!!! LOL I love flavored lattes - of course more calories as well but oh so good. Great pictures from your trip, TFS.

Patti J said...

Looks like a fun trip! Lots of happy faces! Love your card, it is BEEutiful! Great job!

Jeanne H said...

What a darling bee card. The bees are quite charming in their cuteness.