Wish List

Friday, July 23, 2021

A birthday card for my brother...

 I have a hard time coming up with card ideas for my brothers (I have two of them) and my brothers-in-law (I have four of them). Today's card features a couple of Tim Holtz's crazy birds and was made for my brother who is three years older than me.

I started by brayering one side of a 3D embossing folder with purple ink before placing my cardstock panel inside and running it through my Big Shot. It was a complete fail - the ink looked super blotchy on the paper. In order to save my embossed piece, I applied some blue Oxide Ink all over it with a blending brush. If you look closely, you can still see some of the purple ink peeking through, which I actually liked.

I cut my banner and the word "happy" out of silver metallic cardstock and adhered them to my embossed panel. To finish off the ends of my banner, I added some silver metallic dot stickers.

I stamped a couple of the crazy birds, colored them with ProMarkers and then cut them out with the coordinating dies. 

Although you can't see it in the photo, they both have Glossy Accents on their eyes, and they've been popped up on foam squares. I glued their feet to the embossed panel because they were too tiny to put any foam squares behind them.




My computer-generated sentiment on the inside says, "...from one old bird to another." I hope my brother gets a kick out of it. 

Tonight we had some locally grown sweet corn for dinner. It was our first of the season, and it was SO GOOD! When my twins were teens, they worked in a "corn stand" selling fruits and vegetables from a local farm during the summer. We city people flock to those corn stands to get our fresh corn fix.


Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl


4 comments:

Lynette said...

Great card for your brother, Cheryl! I love how colorful your crazy birds are, and the sentiment inside is perfect. I like the way your background turned out, too. Better luck next time with the inking technique. :-)

designbydonna said...

When I saw the title on this post, I knew it would be a fun card. I love those birds and your coloring is so cute. The inside sentiment is a hoot. At our age, we just have to make fun of our ages. Your brother will love this one.

Lynne in NI said...

Heeee I love your birdies Cheryl, great job with your colouring! And your background looks fab, glad you persevered it was definitely worth the effort!
A farmer down the road from us has a field of corn but his doesn't look anywhere near ready for harvesting.

Glittered Paws said...

OK - now I have to get my crazy birds out - and yes I do know where they are located. Love this card for your brother - and the sentiment inside is perfect. I don't do a lot of man cards although I have a "senior buddy" through chemo angels that I write weekly. I think he would get a kick out of the crazy birds. Coloring is great on the birds.
We have a produce stand not far from the house that has great produce, had BLTs and corn on the cob last night. Field corn here is doing great - in fact Wayne picked 6 ears the last time we were down at the grand daughters.