Wish List

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

We think you're spectacular...

I made a card recently for my son's birthday. He's in his (gulp) 40s. I don't even want to think about how old that makes me!

It's sort of a whimsical (that sounds better than "silly," right?) card, and I hope it brought a smile to his face.

I cut both the glasses and the bow tie with my Silhouette by tracing clipart images I found online.


Here's a closer look at those glasses. You can see that I added a couple of tiny "screws" in each corner with a silver Viva Décor pen.

I happen to have some big green googly eyes in my stash. I thought they went nicely with the plaid DSP.

The eyebrows and smile were clearly hand drawn. :)




My sentiment was computer-generated, and I inked around the edges of the bow tie and added a little shading near the knot with a ProMarker.


The inside of this card is pretty plain because I knew I wanted to write a little longer personal note.

We don't give our grown children birthday gifts per se any longer. I make a card for each one, and then we make a donation to a charity we think they'd like to support.

If you have grown children, what do you do for their birthdays?

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl


8 comments:

designbydonna said...

I love it. The green eyes just make the card. Love those eyebrows and big smile too. Great card for your son. Since my grown ups are a bit of a distance, we just send checks--in a personalized hand made card of course.

Karen Dunbrook said...

super cute...smiling...
Karen

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Oh, this is one of the cutest cards I've seen Cheryl, you areclever! Thanks for making me smile! Have a wonderful day my friend! Luv n’ Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Lynne in NI said...

Heee, I love your specs Cheryl - love the little detail of your added screws!
My brother and I were chatting last week about something that happened when we were kids - which was fine until he added it was 40 years ago!!!! Ouch!

Mona Pendleton said...

What a fun birthday card Cheryl! Hope your son loved it and had a happy birthday! Isn't funny how our children get older while we get younger?! :) LOL

Patti J said...

Eeks!!! This is darling, Cheryl! I just know your son loved it. You're awesome! Thanks for sharing 😉

Glittered Paws said...

Oh how cool is this - love the little extra details you put in the glasses frame with the screws.

Darnell said...

Cheryl, I giggled out loud when I saw this in my inbox! I adore plaid, so I love the DSP for the background and bow time, your glasses with the "screws," and those green eyes are all clearly whimsical and charming, but I gotta tell you, your hand-drawn eyebrows and tilted smile took this card to another level! IT is spectacular in my book. I only wish you had found some challenges to play in, cuz it's a winner! I'm pinning it to make sure more people can be inspired by it! Hugs, Darnell