Wish List

Sunday, March 5, 2017

Let's Craft and Create Challenge #123: Entwined (Use twine)...

We've got a fun new challenge for you over on Let's Craft and Create. We're calling it "EnTWINED" and asking you to use some twine on your creation.

I wanted to do a little more with twine than tie some around my card front and add a bow, but I really had a hard time coming up with something! Finally, I decided to use some twine for the stems of three shamrocks. I used natural twine because of its "woodsy" appearance.


To create my shamrocks, I punched out some small hearts with a Fiskars punch. I inked the edges, glued them to my cardstock and added a green brad for the center.

Oh, yes, I forgot to mention that I decided on the placement of my shamrocks first and glued my twine stems down before I added any of the heart shapes.

I made one four-leafer for good luck. You can see that I also added a nice coating of Wink of Stella to that one.

The legend of the shamrock (with three leaves) says that St. Patrick used it to explain the doctrine of the trinity.

As you can see, I still wound my twine around my CS a couple of times and tied a bow. My sentiment is from a thrift store stamp set. The stamped oval is popped up with foam tape.

My inside sentiment was computer-generated. I had a little trouble getting it to print clearly because I was using some pretty heavy cardstock that my printer did not like!  I added a little stamped shamrock (colored in with a Letraset Aqua Marker). This stamp came from the same thrift store stamp set (company unknown) as the sentiment.

Now it's your turn. You know you've got all that pretty twine sitting there begging to be used. We're giving you the perfect reason to put it to good use. Now go. Let your mojo take over, and don't forget to link your creation here.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and don't forget to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

4 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Love your shamrocks and the twine stems is perfect. You are right I "always" use twine to tie around the card -so nice to see you used it for the stems.

designbydonna said...

Cheryl, that is really cute. I love the twine as stems. I'll have to try shamrocks with a heart stamp. Fun Irish blessing on the inside. Good that your printer works with heavy card stock. I got an awful paper jam when I tried it on mine.

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty St. Patrick's Day card Cheryl! Love all the shamrocks and lucky 4 leaf clover! The twine stems add a nice touch!

Lynne in NI said...

Oh your shamrocks are so cool, great idea to use your twine as the stems, and lovely blessing on the inside too.
I always think it's funny that Americans love to send St Patrick's Day cards and yet we would never think of it over here .... reckon we're more interested in the free day off work and maybe a wee drinkie or two ;)