Wish List

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Happy Bird Day...

Here's a fun and quick card using some Tim Holtz Crazy Bird stamps.

First I created my background, using several Distress inks. Then I stamped the birds on some white scraps, colored them with ProMarkers and cut them out with the coordinating dies.

My speech bubble was cut with a Darice die after I had printed the sentiment with my computer.

I inked around the edges of my bird shapes so that not too much of the white card showed through. I also added some Glossy Accents to their eyes. Each bird was popped up with foam tape (but their little feet were glued directly to the card so that they didn't get caught on something and rip.

It was fun to pick out different colors for each of them. Quite a motley crew, don't you think?

Pretty simple interior on this one: a computer-generated sentiment and another partial bird peeking up at it.

My daughter used this to give to a family member celebrating her birthday recently, so it went to good use.

My DH and I managed to contract some wicked colds, so we're both at home today and not feeling well. But at least I feel well enough to do a blog post. LOL

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

5 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Love your motley crew - love Tim H. birds, dogs and cats and the dies and the distress inks etc etc. He just never runs out of ideas. Great birthday card.

Mona Pendleton said...

Super cute card Cheryl! What fun birds! You did a great job coloring the birds! Love the pretty background!

designbydonna said...

I love those birds! I love your coloring. The inside is cute too. Great sentiment.

Darnell said...

Your coloring is spectacular, Cheryl! The whole card is super cute!! I hope you and your hubby feel better soon! Hugs, Darnell

Lynne in NI said...

Oh wowee, what a gorgeous colourful card Patti! Hope you are DH are feeling better, hopefully his hasn't developed into man flu ;)