Wish List

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Another twist and pop card...

I shared my first twist and pop card in this post a while ago. It was so much fun that I made another one for my son-in-law Rob's birthday. He especially appreciated the unique mechanism in this card and was really studying it, trying to figure out how I did it.

My "boogie boy" was cut with my Cricut from the Nifty Fifties cartridge. Isn't he fun? My sentiment stamp is one that I picked up at my local thrift store, so I have no idea who made it. I think it's one I'll use regularly, though. It works well for those oh-so-difficult man cards.


Here's a little closer look at the Cricut cut. It had been such a long time since I had used my Cricut that I nearly had to get out some directions to figure out how to do it! I think I need to use it little more often so I don't get so darn rusty.














Here's a look at the inside of my card with its pop-out panels. So fun! The happy birthday die-cut is one of the unbranded dies that are available on eBay.


It can take a little more time for this kind of card with the four panels to embellish. I really enjoy planning and decorating the smaller spaces, though.











These little panels offer a great opportunity to use some of those smaller stamps that we pick up in the dollar bins or that come as accessories in larger sets.













I have one more of these cards still "under construction" in my craft room. I haven't decided how I'm going to finish it, yet--I'm waiting for a bolt of inspiration to strike. I guess I really should just make a few of these without any embellishment and then finish them as I need them. That would probably be the smart thing to do, but I never claimed to be the brightest bulb on the tree. he he

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

5 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Wow Cheryl! What fun! So many unique details to absorb!

designbydonna said...

What a great guy card. It is so fun to open a pop up card.

Darnell said...

This is a card to treasure, Cheryl! I don't know if I'd even want to part with it, lol! It's such a lot of work and it turned out so fantastic! I really love that you took the time to use those tiny little NBUS stamps that come in sets and make me karazy! HOW many little tiny star and butterfly stamps does one need?? You're an inspiration!! Hugs, Darnell

Lynne in NI said...

So cool, I'm not surprised there's a queue on for them ;)

Glittered Paws said...

I'm still trying to figure out the working parts - have watched "lots" of videos. I know once I catch on it will be easy. Love your card.