Wish List

Thursday, March 9, 2017

Another "mainly teal" card...

http://simplylessismoore.blogspot.pt/


Just a quick post today with a simple card. I decided to try foiling some Easter eggs (clipart found online) on my card with teal foil--another entry for challenge #318 Mainly Teal over at Less is More.


I first printed the images with my laser printer, then covered them with Deco Foil, placed them in a carrier sheet and ran them through my laminator three times. I was so pleased with the end result.  The foil was smooth and solid and the coverage was excellent!

The sentiment was printed at the same time as the egg images, but I chose not to foil that.

To finish my card front, I added a few silver sequins and a little twine bow (now I'm thinking that bow was totally unnecessary, so next time--no bow!).


A stamped sentiment and flourish finished off the inside of my card. This was the quickest Easter card I have made to date, so I think I'll make a few more.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

11 comments:

Sarah G said...

That foiling looks perfect, Cheryl, and such a nice way to add some glamour to your easter design! Love the CAS layout of your card. Thank you so much for joining us at Less is More :)

Esther said...

What a great idea! I love those foiled eggs - they're really striking in teal - and the clean layout. Super card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

designbydonna said...

Those foil eggs are so cool. I'm sure they are even shinier IRL than in the picture. Love the inside sentiment. I agree, next time no bow.

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Such a rich shine on that teal foiling Cheryl and a really elegant layout for the card too. Such a classy make! Gosh, I wish I was as brave as you - I have loads of foil for hot foiling but I have not got up the courage to try it in the laminator yet. Maybe I'll try it soon thanks to your inspiration. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Less is More xx

Mona Pendleton said...

Super cute Easter card Cheryl! Love the pretty eggs!

Glittered Paws said...

Another awesome teal card - and are you on a roll girl. I have some foil that I also want to try - just where does the time go. Seems like there is never enough of it to just play.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Ooooh! I just love how you've incorporated teal into your card. Those foiled eggs look fantastic and a perfect CAS take on our challenge. Thanks for playing with us at Less is More this week. x

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh I love your shiny eggs Cheryl, gorgeous colour too!

debby4000 said...

Love the colour, fabulous card.
luv
Debby

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Great job with the foiling there Cheryl! A lovely, clean and simple card! Have a great week! Luv n’ Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Julia Sandvoss said...

I just love how this card turned out and I think it's perfect with those additions of the Deco Foil eggs. Thanks for including our products!