Wish List

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Floral Easter cards...

I've been busy lately creating some Easter cards. It will be here before we know it, and I'm hoping to get my cards all finished this week, so I can move on to other Easter preparations.

I pulled out a couple of older Spellbinders dies called "Asters and Poppies." Both of the dies used on these cards were one layer dies that could be embossed, but I cut them twice--on green and pale pink CS--and then made my own layers. I also dry-embossed and then inked them while they were still in the dies to add a little more dimension. The folding banner die is from La La Land, and the sentiment was computer generated.


I think this die-cut looks very delicate and pretty. Just right for Easter, even if it is a poppy and not a tulip.

I dry-embossed my white strip of CS so that it didn't look quite so plain.












Here's the aster flower. These two come together as a set, which is nice. I think this flower could pass for a Sweet William (Dianthus) flower, which definitely blooms in the spring where I live. I almost always have them in my flower beds, and I love their bright pinks and purples and prolific blooms.



This flower was dry-embossed after die-cutting, and once again, I inked it while it was still in the die. I also inked the tips of my petals before adhering it all to my card.















The inside of my card is pretty simple. I just followed the layout on the front of the card and added a stamped sentiment.

I think I have made about 20 Easter cards now. I'll be sharing more of them with you in the coming days.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

4 comments:

designbydonna said...

These are very pretty spring flowers. Love that banner die too.

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Oh, what a beautiful and bright design Cheryl! Brightened my day! Have a great weekend! Luv n’ Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Glittered Paws said...

Beautiful Easter cards, and love the banner die as well.

Lynne in NI said...

These are lovely Cheryl!
Our Sweet Williams won't be blooming for a few months yet.