Wish List

Friday, March 24, 2017

A Poppin' Box Card...

I found a little video on YouTube by Gemma Clarke that inspired me to make this card. Actually, I watched two of her videos as I needed to make both parts of this surprising card. Here is where the second video is located.

 Here is a picture of all the components of my Poppin' Box Card. I made a money holder to slip inside the rectangular box that will hold the cube, which flattens out to fit inside. As you can see, this was for a 21st birthday, so one side of my cube was embellished accordingly.

Here's a picture that shows how nicely the cube flattens out to fit inside. You can also see the little ribbon handle that I've added on the right. I used the blank circle as a space to write a brief note and sign our names. Here are the other two sides of the cube.


I think this is a Petaloo flower with a flat-backed pearl in the center. The leaves were made with a Martha Stewart punch, folded in half and run through my crimper. I also inked them a bit for a little more dimension.









The butterfly was cut with an Ellentina die after I had inked my white cardstock with some pink and green.

There is a rubber band mechanism inside the card that causes the cube to pop into the shape you see on the right from a flattened state. So fun!




Finally, here's a little video that shows you how this card works:

This is my first online video, so I wasn't sure at all if I'd be able to get it to work.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

6 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

What a clever design and such a pretty gift! It is just perfect for a 21 year old and I'm sure she will be thrilled! Thanks for the video demo! Have a lovely weekend! Luv n’ Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

designbydonna said...

What a clever design and gift. Just like a jack-in-the-box! Fun way to gift money.

Mona Pendleton said...

Wow Cheryl! Fantastic projects and awesome video! What a gorgeous ensemble!

Sue said...

Oh my, Cheryl, this is such a wonderful gift box. Love the cube popping out who would guess it could fit in the box! You really decorated it up beautifully too. LOVE IT.

Hugs
Sue
PS, the video was perfect, could not have imagined how that was going to work!

Lynne in NI said...

Oh wow, that's so cool Patti how the little box pops out! I LOVE it! Looks like a lot of work (and love) went into this one x
Fab video too :)

Glittered Paws said...

Oh you have had a busy week - such a cute box - I'm usually now so good at boxes but just maybe????? Great idea and pretty box.