Wish List

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

A "mainly teal" card...

There's a great challenge over on the "Less is More" challenge blog for "mainly teal" projects.  Well, I happen to have a mainly teal Valentine that I haven't had time to post yet, so I'm doing so now and entering it into the Less is More challenge.

I used a heart-patterned CS from my stash, finishing the bottom edge with a Spellbinder's curved border die. I backed my CS with a layer of black, then added a black strip and a stack of heart shapes on the front. I think you can see the glittery sparkle on the smallest heart.

The stamp for the "Love" sentiment came from a Recollections Valentine set of stamps and small cards. It's made with such a pretty font. A few teal-colored sequins finished off my card front.

The inside of my card is pretty simple with just a black mat and a pretty stamped Valentine's greeting by PSX.

I think this card could easily work for a wedding or anniversary card, too, don't you?

I spent Tuesday with my sister having fun with some of her dies - cutting them out on my Cuttlebug. We can't often get together because she lives so far away, but when we do, we like to share craft supplies, techniques and ideas,  and encourage each other in our card making.

She brought me a brand new die to add to my collection, and I gave her a sanding eraser. I have found this eraser to be a life saver because it can erase ink smudges on many solid core cardstocks!

Of course, we did a little crafty shopping, too.

Tomorrow I'll be volunteering all day at a local thrift shop. I wonder if they will have gotten any new crafting supplies in...

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

8 comments:

designbydonna said...

Pretty card. I love the curved edge. Who says Valentine's have to be red. I love this in the teal. It would be good for wedding or anniversary too.

Esther said...

Very stylish! I love the heart patterned paper and scallop edge, which mirror the scripty sentiment lines to perfection. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

Susan said...

Love your teal Valentine! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

Neets B said...

Loving that patterned paper, it's so classy, and a great layout too.
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

Glittered Paws said...

Who would think teal for Valentines but it looks amazing. Love your scallop border edge. Great job.

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty Valentine Cheryl! Love the shimmery heart!

Lynne in NI said...

Ohhh this is so pretty! Love that DP and the font of your sentiment too.
Glad to hear you got some crafty time with your Sister, I'm sure you had great fun - I think I need to get myself one of those sanding erasers!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

So pretty Cheryl! LOVE that patterned paper and the scalloped wavy, edge! Luv n’ Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic