Wish List

Friday, March 17, 2017

My personalized travel mug...

As spring approaches, thoughts of summer RV trips are constantly on my mind. I can hardly wait! In preparation for hitting the road, I decided I needed a personalized coffee mug. I NEED my coffee every morning, or a headache ensues. Addicted to caffeine? Yup. I'd be the first to admit it.

A while ago, I visited a fun blog called Watcha Workin' On? While browsing around, I found a Silhouette file and detailed instructions on how to create my own personalized Starbuck's-style cup. I decided to give it a go, and here's how it turned out.

 
I didn't have any dark green vinyl, so I just used the teal vinyl that I had on hand. I figured that would be okay since it's just a look-alike logo, anyway.


Here's a little closer look. I discovered after I took this picture that there was a teeny tiny piece of black vinyl sitting in the corner of the mermaids left eye (the right one as you look at her). That's why that eye looks a teensy bit different. Once I picked off that tiny piece of vinyl, it looks perfect.

I actually couldn't believe how quickly this came together. The hardest part was adding my name and getting the letters spaced somewhat evenly. Cutting the two different layer colors and then adhering them both at one time was a snap. I learned how to do that from the Silhouette School blog.

It actually looks pretty cool, and everyone who has seen it has been pretty impressed.

The logo could have been a little smaller for this cup, but I was concerned about the intricate cuts of the mermaid. I thought it might not work as well if they were even finer. Next time, though, I'll try cutting a smaller one.

I hope you're all having a fantastic weekend. A belated happy St. Patrick's Day to all of you. I got to take two of my grandchildren (3rd and 5th grade) to school this morning. Before we left, I had to spray their hair green! We used the colored hairspray that kids use at Halloween. They were both all dressed in green and very excited to get to school. They looked like a couple of leprechauns and were very proud to say they're half Irish (because their dad is 100% of Irish descent).

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

5 comments:

designbydonna said...

Cute idea. Easy to spot your own cup now.

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

That is so cool Cheryl! No wonder you are pleased with it! I have never had the nerve to try anything other than cut a few stencils on my cutting machine! Have a wonderful weekend! Luv n’ Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Glittered Paws said...

Totally awesome - very creative - and you used vinyl great job. Love St. Pat's Day but no little ones close enough to spray hair. Isn't Grandma fun.

Lynne in NI said...

Oh wow, that's so cool Cheryl! I'm addicted to tea, takes me about 3 cups to get going in the mornings ;)
I'm sure your little leprechauns were cute as a button!

Patti J said...

Do you know that I've never ever tried to cut vinyl with my silhouette? Nope, never! I need a lesson! I'll call you someday, and say, 'help'! This is so much fun! Who wouldn't love to have a gift like this? Great job!