Wish List

Friday, May 29, 2015

Masculine Happy Birthday...

Just a few days ago, my brother-in-law celebrated a birthday (Happy Birthday, Harold!), so I made this card for him:

Quite a while ago, my card-making sister let me use her Spellbinders Cattails die to cut out the focal image for this card. It's a rather tricky die to cut, as it is very fine and detailed.



I used some distress inks to create my sunset behind the cattails. I first masked off my moon, thinking that it would be okay to leave it white. It looked a bit harsh, though, in its whiteness, so I sponged on some yellow and liked it much better.













I used an old stamp for my sentiment. Not sure of the manufacturer. The tiny black scalloped borders were actually part of the design of the DSP, which came from an Autumn/Halloween stack by DCWV.



On the inside of my card I used a simple black mat and a flourish stamp as the only decoration.

The sentiment stamp I used on the inside was one that I purchased at our local used craft supplies store, so again, I'm not sure of the manufacturer.












I also made a coordinating envelope. I love using my envelope punch board and some DSP that is white on one side for my envelopes. That is some double-sided tape that you see on the flap.

I really enjoy making these little sunset scenes with distress inks. They don't all turn out well, but it's still fun to try!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

6 comments:

designbydonna said...

Wow, Cheryl, your scene is gorgeous. The colors are perfect. And your moon is awesome. Can you tell, I love this card.

Lynne in NI said...

Beautiful card Cheryl, that's one gorgeous sky you created! :)

Glittered Paws said...

Very very nice - love the sunset scene - colors are perfect for masculine card. Love the cattail die too.

Sue said...

A great scene you have created here, Cheryl. Love that die, but your right it is tricky to get out of the die. And your matching envie liner is awesome.

Hugs
Sue

Taunya Butler said...

Well this sunset scene turned out stunningly - I love it!! This is a cool, refreshing card and very great for a guy!! Love the added details on the inside and with the envelope - you sure make the complete package!!! So impressed with this skill of yours and love how impressively this card turned out!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Cheryl! The sky looks amazing!