Wish List

Thursday, May 7, 2015

A very colorful thank you...

I recently won this lovely selection of My Favorite Things ink pads from Kathy Racoosin of The Daily Marker. THANK YOU KATHY and MFT!!! Kathy is a fabulous artist, colorist and card maker. If you don't already follow her blog, you should! I get so much inspiration from her.


I couldn't wait to try out these lovely inks, and the first card I made was this one:

I chose several of the ink colors and used a simple floral stamp set to stamp some brightly colored flowers onto glossy cardstock. Look at those fun, bright colors! These dye inks worked perfectly on my glossy cardstock, with no smearing. I used a small flourish from the same set to add some green to my background pattern.



I was hoping that the little rhinestones in the middle of my flowers would show up better on this angled pic, but you still have to look really hard to see them. They add some fun sparkle IRL.














At least you can see the rhinestones on my sentiment.  This sentiment stamp is an older wood-mounted stamp - not sure of the manufacturer right now and too lazy to go find it again and look! LOL










On the inside of my card, I stamped some of the flowers and a few bits of the green flourish in a corner. Here, you can actually see the rhinestones!

We've had company from Germany for the last week, which is why I've been a bit slow in visiting some of the blogs I follow. They just left on a trip through Wisconsin, Illinois and Iowa, and will be back in a couple of weeks. Then, they'll stay with us for a final week before returning to Germany. It's been fun having them around. We just hope they're having as good a time as we are!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

8 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Cheryl! All the colorful blossoms look fantastic and the rhinestones add a great touch!

Ammaris Art said...

Such a pretty card Cheryl, I love these inks! xx

designbydonna said...

Congrats on the win. Lucky you. The colors are beautiful and look so good as flowers on your card. The flowers repeated on the inside are a great accent. Nice job with making the background. I always have trouble with spacing when doing that. Yours looks great.

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Beautifully mouthwatering colours on this card Cheryl! So bright and fresh and the stunning contrast with that fabulous ribbon and coloured layer matting it makes this, one terrific design! Now I have found your blog, I'm pleased to say I am now your latest follower! Have a lovely weekend my friend! Hazel xx

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Oh Cheryl this is a fun card. Love the pretty colors and such a technique. Thanks for sharing.. Happy Mother's Day to you and yours

Lynne in NI said...

Wow, what a great win! Love your pretty colourful card Cheryl :)

debby4000 said...

Beautiful card, love all the pretty colours.
luv
Debby

Sue said...

WOW, Cheryl, lucky you! Love what you did with the inks, card is beautiful, inside and out.

Hugs
Sue