Wish List

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Happy {Beer}thday to you...

My son-in-law enjoys making his own beer, so I thought this would be a perfect birthday card for him. Since his birthday was celebrated earlier this month, I can now share it with you.

 
 I actually cut the mugs from the Love You a Latte cartridge out of some vellum cardstock. On the backside of each mug, I scored the vertical lines and colored in the beer with a gold ProMarker.

My sentiment was computer-generated and then cut out in a banner shape that was just a little longer than the width of the card. I liked the idea of the fishtail ends sticking out beyond the edges of the card.



The foam on each mug was created with a Snow Marker by Uchida. You use a heat gun on it after the marker has dried to puff up the ink and make it look like snow...or in this case beer foam.


















The inside of my card was pretty simple, which I think is preferable in masculine cards. Since this was a long and narrow card, I created a border for the top and bottom with my Fiskars diamond border punch.

Again, my sentiment was computer-generated.

I hope you are having a splendid 3-day Memorial Weekend if your are in the U.S. and a fabulous 2-day weekend everywhere else. We have company, so we're not traveling anywhere, but will spend our extra time visiting with them and other family members.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

6 comments:

Georgiana said...

What a neat card for a beer maker. Didn't know you could brew your own. Fun sentiment too!

designbydonna said...

Cute card. Clever way to make beer and foam. So great for a home brewer.



























Lynne in NI said...

Cool card Cheryl ... I love the effect of your beer glasses!

Glittered Paws said...

How cute is this - love the foam on the beer and perfect for a beer "crafter".

Taunya Butler said...

IMPRESSIVE - love the way you make such specific cards for your receivers!! This card looks and feels like it was Spot on for son-in-law! wonderful details and it really looks like mugs of beer!! Kudos to you for a wonderful card!!

Sue said...

Love this fun card. Your cold mugs of brew look so real, great job. The vellum is perfect, would not have thought of that! I bet he just loved this card.

Hugs
Sue