Wish List

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Let's Craft and Create Challenge #101 - Anything Goes Male

It's time for a new challenge on Let's Craft and Create. This month's theme is Anything Goes Male. I know many of you find that making masculine cards can be difficult. I struggle with them, too, but this month's sponsor, the Cutting Café, has provided the Design Team with some fabulous patterns for a card and a box that are perfect for giving to the important men in your life.

http://www.thecuttingcafe.typepad.com/


I decided to create both a card and a box as a set for a Father's Day gift for my husband. First, here's a look at the card I made.

Isn't this a fun idea for a masculine card? I used a shiny, orange metallic paper for the main parts of the car, added some wood patterned paper for the doors, and used silver mirror and black cardstock for the remaining details. It was so easy to print and fussy-cut the various parts. An image of a sample card comes with the file so that you can see how everything fits together. The hardest part was choosing the papers!


Here's a peek at the inside of my card. It was easy to create a slightly smaller mat on which to print my sentiment. I inked the edges to give it a little definition.






Next, I made a coordinating box that looks like a book. It was so easy to create this box! I will use this pattern again and again, I'm sure!


I wanted to incorporate the same colors and some of the same papers from my card. I used the shiny, orange metallic paper for my faux keyhole and behind the diamond trim on my sentiment rectangle. I actually created the keyhole by hand. I cut out and embossed my rectangular shape (Spellbinders die). Then, I punched a hole (using a single hand-held hole punch) and used a craft knife to cut out the area below the hole. Finally, I backed my keyhole with some black paper and distressed it a bit to add a somewhat vintage look.

Can you guess where I used some of that wood-grained cardstock? Take a look at the next photo!












I used the wood grain on the sides of my box to give the suggestion of pages.


On the inside of my box, I made three compartments and filled them with some chocolate deliciousness (hoping my husband will share!).











Here's a final peek at both of my Father's Day creations.

I know you'll want to check out what the rest of the Design Team has created. Their projects are spectacular, and you are sure to be inspired!

Hazel

Karen

Mary

Maryvonne

Eileen

Catherine

Cheryl - That's me!

Ursula

Deborah

Please join us with a creation of your own. There is a fun prize from The Cutting Café up for grabs.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

11 comments:

designbydonna said...

Wow Cheryl, these are spectacular. They look really difficult. I love that box and can see lots of potential with that pattern.

designbydonna said...

I went to The Cutting Cafe and bookmarked it to browse when I have more time. Looks like lots of fun stuff.

Anonymous said...

That is so nice! Good job!

Karen Petitt said...

Both are beautiful Cheryl - I didn't think to make the card too but will definitely being using the book box pattern again - I love the end result Karen x

Maryvonne Coussé said...

What beautiful set Cheryl! I had noticed the 'pages' of the book box effect. I love the closure, and shimmering but despite any very male. 'VERY Beautiful box and VERY beautiful car card !
My husband pointed out that there was something missing in the mine to me.. .the chocolates...

Hazel said...

Wonderful projects, Cheryl - super design inspiration for Let's Craft and Create. xx

Unknown said...

Just love these Cheryl!
Such a lovely colour and that box looks full of wonderful goodies!

Mary x

Ammaris Art said...

Beautiful set Cheryl! I love the embellishments, the colours you used and how they perfectly fit together.
Catherine xx

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Oh fun....a great set for any man

Lynne in NI said...

These are fabulous Cheryl .. lucky hubby!

Sue said...

Cheryl, your car and box gift set is awesome! Love the wood look on the car and how you did the inside. Your hubby is going to love this, might have to look into that one myself, married to a real car guy!

Hugs
Sue