Wish List

Friday, May 15, 2015

Masculine graduation card...

It's that time of year again when we all get to celebrate along with graduates from high school and post high school programs. I didn't have a single graduation card in my card box, so I decided I had better get busy and make a couple!

Today, I'm sharing with you the masculine card I made, although I think this could easily be given to a female, as well


I had gotten this DSP in a prize package and wondered how I would use it on a card. When I began to think about a young graduate heading out "into the world," I decided it would be the perfect backdrop.



I used my Spellbinders ticket die to create a couple of tickets and added "Admit One" to each one with my computer. I hand-drew the border around each ticket and inked the edges.

My photo corners were also hand-cut and inked before I adhered them onto opposite corners, and the main sentiment was computer-generated.











For my inside sentiment, I used a Hero Arts Stamp & Cut set and inlaid the word "congrats." The set comes with several different add-ons that can be stamped under or near the die-cut, such as congrats on an engagement, marriage and new baby. I think this will be a much-used set!

As I use this inlay method with my word dies, I am trying to save all the off-cuts so that I can use them on other cards.

That's it for me today in the cardmaking department. Have you got any fun plans for the weekend? So far, my list of things to do only includes "mow the lawn." Maybe I need to add "clean craft space," because it's a mess right now!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

6 comments:

Taunya Butler said...

Cheryl - what a positive and affirming graduation card you have created - full of Congratulations and Well wishes as He/She heads out "into the world" - love where your creative genius took you with this card - so lovely and WOW what a great idea to use an in laid die on the INSIDE!!! SO awesome!! You are delightful and I love your card!!

designbydonna said...

This is the perfect grad card. That DP and your sentiment go so well together. I love those corners--they kink of look like the ones that hold diplomas in place. And NO cleaning the craft space. Don't you know "a messy desk is a sign of a creative mind"!

Glittered Paws said...

What an awesome graduation card - love the gold lettering/die cut you used for the congrats. Love this card.

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh these are fabulous Cheryl, love the addition of your tickets, how clever of you!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Fantastic card Cheryl! Love the inlaid sentiment!

Sue said...

Another wonderful Grad card. Love the map and the tickets, very fitting for a graduate going out into the world!

Hugs
Sue