Wish List

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Another bit of inky fun...

I shared with you in this post that I had won 10 new ink pads from My Favorite Things via Kathy Racoosin's blog, The Daily Marker.

I decided to use a number of these inks on a card where I simply let the inks shine as the focal point. No stamped image (other than the sentiment) and (almost) no other embellishments.

I hand-cut a mask with a curved edge and just started laying it across a piece of cardstock and sponging away with the ink color of my choice. After the first color was laid on, I moved my mask down and sideways a bit and added the next color until I reached the bottom. Easy peasy!

Once that was done, I stamped my sentiment with Versamark and heat-embossed with some black embossing powder. A simple black mat, and I was done (or so I thought!).

After looking at the above photo, I decided I needed to add one little black embellishment for interest, so here is what I did:

What do you think? With or without it? Maybe I should have added something else in black instead--like a silhouette die-cut. Any ideas? I'd like to try this card again, so I appreciate any and all advice. :)



The inside of my card is as simple as can be - just a black mat and a stamped sentiment. I wanted plenty of room to write a personal note to Kathy, thanking her for such a fabulous giveaway.

Hope your week is going well. I can't believe it is half over already. The older I get, the faster I get older!!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

7 comments:

designbydonna said...

Those colors are gorgeous. I really like the simplicity of just the sentiment. But I can also see how the chain across the bottom balances the card. So I think either one is good.

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Cheryl! Love the rainbow of colors!

Taunya Butler said...

THIS is GORGEOUS and just bursting with vibrant and cool colors!! Way to go - I love this and I am so excited for you and those inkpads you won!!

Glittered Paws said...

Pretty pretty - I think I like it "without" as the eye is drawn to the beauty of the colors.

Hannelie said...

Wow! beautiful inking Cheryl! A rainbow of happiness!

debby4000 said...

Love the rainbow colours makes a fabulous card.
luv
Debby

Sue said...

What gorgeous colors. Sure to put a smile on anyone's face, did mine!

Hugs
Sue