Wish List

Monday, May 11, 2015

Sitting here thinking of you...

This card is a Mother's Day card, but could be changed to suit many other occasions.


Once again, I used one of my sister's dies - Park Bench by Spellbinders - as my focal point. I added the decorative border on the left (Cuttlebug Ornamental Iron die) and some tulips, which are a border cut from the "A Walk in my Garden" cartridge.



I think this little bench is so cute. I cut it out in a couple different colors of cardstock, but I really like it best in black. I think it looks like a wrought iron bench.








The inside of my card is pretty simple with just a matted border for decoration. My sentiment was computer-generated.

I'm entering this card into Challenge #251 - May Flowers over on the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog.

Do you notice that yellowish cast at the bottom of my photo? That's the reflection from the little wooden stand that my card is sitting on. I would have retaken these photos, except this card had already been sent by the time I realized this problem. Lesson learned: Cover this little stand with something white!

I still have a couple of Mother's Day cards to share this week. Even though this holiday has come and gone, I think the designs of Mother's Day cards are easily used for birthdays, thinking of you and other purposes.

Did you have a nice Mother's Day? My day was lovely. I spoke by phone to my three kids who live in other parts of the country and spent some time at my daughter's home who lives blocks from me.  I also had the chance to go to the plant store and buy some flowers for my planters and flower beds. Now I just need to get them all planted!!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

9 comments:

Taunya Butler said...

Cheryl - the cards you have created are so delightful and that gift with the car card for your husband is AWESOME!!! I am sorry for the lack of my commenting lately - I have been struggling and doing some soul searching about life, my faith and my place in this world so I have not been on the computer much!! I have looked through your awesome posts with all your amazing creations today and rather than go backwards and comment on all of them I am going to start fresh!! You are amazing and I love your creative style and the way you make things beautiful!!! Have a super lovely day!!!

designbydonna said...

You have created a pretty scene. I can just imagine a walk in the park and stopping to rest on that bench.

Ammaris Art said...

Beautiful card Cheryl. I love the bench die, it's so elegant ;)
Hugs, Catherine xx

Glittered Paws said...

OH - love the black bench and what an awesome focal point. Die cuts are becoming such a huge part of card making anymore and this one is beautiful.

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Visiting from Fantabulous Cricut. Like how you used the bench die with the Cricut cut flowers for a wonderful scene.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Sue said...

Hi Cheryl, it does look like wrought iron! Love the little scene you created with the flowers, so very pretty.

Hugs
Sue

Karla Yungwirth said...

Absolutely lovely card! I really like that Spellbinders die cut! Thanks so much for joining us at FCCB!

Michelle N. said...

Did you know that you won at FCCB? Congratulations!

Karla Yungwirth said...

PS Congrats on your win at FCCB!!