Wish List

Monday, May 18, 2015

Feminine graduation card...

This year I had a great niece graduating from high school, and I decided to make her a fairly non-traditional card.

The color combo that I chose was blue and white (her school colors) with some pink thrown in to add some additional femininity.



My butterfly die is by Marianne Creatables. I really love this die, and I find myself coming  back to it again and again. It cuts well and is super easy to remove from the die when I use the dryer sheet method.

If you haven't yet used dryer sheets with your intricate dies, its definitely worth a try! There are lots of videos on YouTube to show you how to do it. Just search for "dryer sheet technique."



My sentiment oval was cut with a Lifestyle Crafts die, and this sentiment was computer-generated.

Another feminine touch on my card was the flat-backed gems that I added to my sentiment and to the butterfly's antennae.

On the inside of my card, I once again used my Hero Arts Stamp & Cut set and the inlay method for the word "Congrats."


Here, you can see the inlay a little better.

Three more little gems and my card was complete!

It's cold and drizzly here today. We have a predicted high of only 45 degrees Fahrenheit! Brrrrr. I guess it's a good day to spend in the craft room!!!




Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

6 comments:

Taunya Butler said...

Sorry it is so cold there!! Your heart should be warmed knowing you have made a most fitting graduation card for your niece!! It is so well done - love the idea of the butterfly and graduating!! Love what you have done on the inside of your card, as per usual!! Awesome use of those sweet pink gems!! So glad you shared!!

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, beautiful card
Luv
Debby

Sue said...

Cheryl, love your Graduation card, it is perfect and the sentiment goes great with the butterfly! Nicely done!

Hugs
Sue

Glittered Paws said...

What a beautiful "girly" graduation card - I love butterflies and this one is awesome. Love just the little touch of bling you used below the sentiment. I am sure I am sure your great niece will appreciate this beautiful card.

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful graduation card Cheryl! The butterfly looks fabulous!

designbydonna said...

Great sentiment for a graduation card. Your card is beautiful. I will have to look at how to use the dryer sheets.