Wish List

Monday, June 1, 2015

Belated Birthday card...

A few weeks ago I received the April issue of Cardmaking & Papercraft, which comes from the UK.  One of the fun aspects of this magazine subscription is that each issue includes a gift and some pretty papers.

The April issue included these stamps and embossing folders, along with several sheets of DSP:
 
I decided to use some of these supplies right away and make some cards. The first card I made was a belated birthday card.

The flowered paper in the background is one of the papers that came in the magazine. Isn't it pretty? I thought it was perfect to put behind my Floral Oval (Spellbinders) die-cut that showcases the Bentley Bear stamp. Isn't he cute?




I've colored him with my ProMarkers and adhered a little bow at the bottom of the oval.Doesn't that sad little bear face look like he feels badly about missing a birthday?

My sentiment stamp is from Fiskars.

I try never to miss birthdays, but it does happen from time to time, so I'm sure this card will eventually come in very handy.





The inside of my card features a computer-generated sentiment and a be-ribboned and scalloped strip of the DSP.

I have made a couple more cards with these awesome supplies, but I'll share those in a future post.

The flowers that I planted around my house in May have taken root and are beginning to bloom nicely. So far, I've been able to cut some bouquets of irises and bring them inside. I love to keep cut flowers in the house as much as I can during the summer months. They make life prettier, even on gloomy, rainy days!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

6 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Awe Cheryl, what a sweet birthday card!

designbydonna said...

Your bear is so cute. The DP is pretty too. What a great bonus to get with a magazine subscription.

Glittered Paws said...

I got this too and they have yet to see ink - so now I am motivated to ink the cute little bears up. Love this magazine - despite the fact that we usually get it after the "season" is almost over still a great inspiration. Great "late" birthday card.

Taunya Butler said...

Cheryl - if this is your card for being late for a birthday, I totally think you will be forgiven, that bear is so cute and melts your heart!! You just make such totally cute cards with such amazing insides. In ways that I have never thought of you extend the design into the card - major KUDOS to you!!! Hugs!!

Patti J said...

Cuteness! Love that wee, sweet bear! What a great thing to find in your magazine - wowza!!! Thanks for sharing your beautiful creations, dear friend!!! Hugs!

debby4000 said...

Such an adorable, fabulous card.
luv
Debby