Wish List

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

A birthday forecast...

Tomorrow is my brother-in-law's birthday, and here is the card I made for him:

He received the card yesterday and called up to say, "So what's different about any other day?" He truly doesn't have low standards or make (too many) poor decisions, but he does enjoy a regular glass of wine or beer! It's so much fun to tease him, so I knew he'd get a kick out of this card.

I used a Spellbinders inverted scalloped circle die for my sun, and my clouds were cut with Impression Obsession dies. I was able to print the sentiment using MS Publisher to create the red background and white lettering. The stitch lines were added with a white gel pen.

Here's a peek at the inside (please excuse the partially out-of-focus photo):
I had two narrow pieces of the blue polka-dot cardstock left, so I cut them in half to create four strips and added them to the inside of my card for a little extra interest. I also inked around the edges of my sentiment mat with some blue ink. This sentiment was also computer-generated.

Today I went to visit a former next-door neighbor who is in a nursing home. She was so happy to see me, and I was so glad I went. I am going to try to make her some cards in the future and send them to her on a regular basis. I know she would really appreciate some happy mail, as she is quite lonely there. I told her I will come to see her again in another couple of weeks.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

3 comments:

designbydonna said...

What a clever sentiment. You have a great sense of humor. How kind of you to visit the neighbor in the nursing home. My mother is in assisted living facility and I know she really appreciates anyone visiting.

Taunya Butler said...

Funny card and I am glad that your brother-in-law liked it!! I like the colors!! Can't ever go wrong with the Primary colors!! And that was cool how you used the thin strips on the inside!! Hey, Cheryl, I wish we lived closer - it would be really fun to stamp and create with you!! I could learn A LOT!!

Lynne in NI said...

LOL that's just hilarious Cheryl! Great sentiment and the added 'weather' is so clever :)

(PS the sentiment on my elephant card a few days ago is from an old Paper Smooches set called 'Sentiment Sampler' .. think its my most used set ever!)