Wish List

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Happy Father's Day...

I hope all the dads out there have a wonderful day and know how much they are loved by their families. I also want to honor all those men who play an important role in a young person's life, whether or not they are a father.

Here are a couple of cards I made for my uncles. They are both very special men, and I hope they have a spectacular day.

A few years ago my husband gave me a very masculine paper pad. It contained pages with all these old-fashioned ads and embellishments (even the buttons!), along with a lot of beautiful papers. Because my uncles are now in their 80s, I decided these would work well for their cards since they probably remember when similar ads were in use.



This is the inside of the card. This mat is actually just a portion of one of the 12" X 12" pages. All I did was use my computer to print "Happy Father's Day" on it and added a red star to mimic the one on the front.

Because the bottom of the mat is a dark brown, it had to be signed with a white pen.










Here's the second card, done in the same style, just a few different embellishments.



For the inside of this one, I cut a scroll with my Cricut using the Heritage cartridge. Then I used my computer to print "Happy Father's Day" on it. You can see that the mat behind the scroll is another part of the same paper that was used on the inside of the first card.

It was fun to cut out and add all these old-fashioned embellishments. It took quite a while though, because I actually enjoyed reading each of them before I decided which ones to use.

I think Father's Day will be pretty quiet around here. I'm sure my husband will spend a portion of the day on the phone talking to our kids, but we don't have any big plans.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

9 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

What an awesome paper pad - and what a great job you did with the different papers. Love the collage look you created. I am sure they were appreciated.

designbydonna said...

These are great vintage Father's Day cards. That paper is so appropriate for masculine style.

Lynne in NI said...

These are fab Cheryl, I'm sure your Uncles were pleased!

Darnell said...

Cheryl, if there was a Hall of Fame for Father's Day cards, your cards would be center stage!! You did wonders with the papers and embellishments, both outside and in!! Hugs, Darnell

Granmargaret said...

These are great Fathers Day cards. Thank you for your comments on my blog.

Sue said...

Owww, Cheryl, love the vintage look for these cards and I know that your Uncles will get a kick out of the old ads. Just Wonderful!

Hugs
Sue

Mona Pendleton said...

Both cards are fantastic Cheryl! Love the vintage vibe! All the vintage ephemera looks awesome along with the subtle distressing!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Love your cards..I don't have a Cricuit but I am liking how you put it to use !

Taunya Butler said...

You show excellence in card design and styling with these 2 uber fantastic cards!! Love them and the good ole vintage feel they have!!