Wish List

Friday, June 5, 2015

Let's Craft and Create Challenge #102 - Add Some Sparkle!

It's time for a new challenge over on Let's Craft and Create. This month we're asking that you add some sparkle to your creations. How fun is that?

For this challenge, I decided to use some colored doilies that were given to me by my online friend Taunya Butler (Daisies Girl) and make them SPARKLE!

I applied spray adhesive to the front sides of two of the doilies and then laid them in my glitter tray with a liberal amount of clear glitter. The result was so pretty! Then I used those doilies to make this card and treat bag:
Those Dove chocolates are the yummy treat I put in my bag.



Here's a closer look at my card. I think you can clearly see the sparkle on my doily here.

The butterfly is a Marianne Creatables die, and I've added some gold microbeads to the body. You'll see some of those same microbeads in the center of my deep pink flower. They add some additional sparkle and dimension!



















On the inside of my card, I added some more of the pretty DSP, matted with pink cardstock and a single flower.

My sentiment was stamped on white CS and cut out with a Spellbinders Label #8 die and lightly chalked while the CS was still in the die.

The sentiment stamp was one that I purchased used, so I'm not sure of the manufacturer. There's nothing on the wood block to identify it.









My little treat bag is a "one-sheet" bag made with a single 8.5" X 11" piece of DSP. You'll find the tutorial I used for this treat bag here.

After I folded my doily in half, I adhered the back of it to the backside of my treat bag. This is an optional step, because the doily is also held on with the ribbon. The little flowers and leaves were adhered only to the doily so that the bag can be easily opened.

My butterfly trail and the butterfly's body were both made with Liquid Pearls.




I punched holes through all layers of the doily and bag. I threaded a narrow ribbon through these and tied a bow in the front.















Here you can see that it holds quite a few of those yummy Dove chocolates.

The flowers on both the bag and the card are a combination of ones I purchased at my local used craft supply store and some that I won in an online challenge like this one.




My fellow Design Team members have really rocked this challenge. I think it's pretty clear from their gorgeous creations that they all love to add a little sparkle!

Click on the names below to see their fabulous creations. Then create a sparkly project of your own and upload a photo on Let's Craft and Create. This is a monthly challenge so there's plenty of time. There's a fun prize up for grabs, too. Check it out here!

Hazel
Karen
Cheryl (That's me!)

I'm so looking forward to seeing all your sparkly creations. Thank you so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

6 comments:

designbydonna said...

Really love those sparkly doilies. They make your card and bag so pretty. I am always looking for treat bag designs so I will be checking out that video.

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful ensemble Cheryl! Love the gorgeous butterfly and fantastic treat bag! Hope you have a great weekend!

Darnell said...

YOU certainly rocked this challenge, Cheryl! Taunya has generously given me some doilies, too, so I am filled with inspiration to see how you dressed them up and made them shine! Both your card and your gift bag are out of this world gorgeous!! Hugs, Darnell

Taunya Butler said...

OH MY GOODNESS - what a super fantabulous idea for the doilies and your projects just so totally amaze and delight!! What a fun way to give a card - WITH a matching bag of chocolate!! Sure to delight ANYONE!! Thanks for the mention = you are so much more than SWEET!!! Hugs to you!!

ChristineCreations said...

ooo what lovely work with those doilies and that great big butterfly! A sweet little pair of creations!

Hannelie said...

This is my favourite card from you in all time Cheryl. It bursts with Summer energy!
I LOVE it!