Wish List

Friday, June 12, 2015

Father's Day card with a fun fold...

I have a couple of special uncles who I like to remember on Father's Day, and here's one of the cards I made that has a very fun fold. I found the instructions for this fold on Dawn's Stamping Thoughts. Dawn has tons of fabulous card ideas, and I love following her blog.

You may not be able to tell from just looking at this card, that there is anything unusual about it. But take a look at the next couple of photos.




See how fun this fold is? I added a square with the heat-embossed image on the inside of the card front, just to finish it off nicely.















I also added a little message on the inside of the tiny "card" that is adhered to my card front. It just adds one more interesting twist to this already interesting card design.






 








This is one fun fold that I will use again and again. It is SO EASY and really adds a fun element to any card. The strong geometric design makes it perfect for a masculine card, but it would certainly work well for a feminine card, too.

I was able to get outside today and do some weeding in my flower beds. We've had so much rain that the weeds were growing like mad and about to take over! I've still got more to do, and I've vowed to get out there and put in an hour or so several times a week to try to stay on top of it. I really love all the flowers that are now blooming, with lots more to come, so that's my incentive to keep at it.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

7 comments:

Diane said...

What fun colors and clever design.

Hugs diane

Ammaris Art said...

Lovely creation Cheryl, it's a great idea for the male card! Hugs, Catherine xxx

Sue said...

LOVE this fun fold! What great coordinating elements and papers you used too. Also a great guy card, which I find hardest to come up with. Cheryl, I can see myself using this one for sure, thanks for sharing, love Dawn's site too.

Hugs
Sue

designbydonna said...

Great design with that fold and the surprise little card on the fron. I need to experiment with some unusual folds. I'll go check out Dawn's blog.

Glittered Paws said...

This is such a fun card - I recently did this fold but love all the little extras you did to make it so special. Great job.

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh fab card Cheryl, love your fancy fold and the hidden message too :)
Hope you're winning the weeding battle, I think I'm slowly losing mine LOL

Taunya Butler said...

I love cards like this - that are interesting and different!! Love that the inside is matching to the front and what a great little mini card on the front!!