Wish List

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Pretty tags from doily scraps...

Remember the sparkly doilies I used for the card and treat bag in my last post? Well, I had a portion of a doily left over, and I couldn't let it go to waste! Here's what I did with it:



I used a small tag die (not sure of the manufacturer at the moment, but I think it could be Sizzix) to cut out two white tags.

I cut my doily scrap in half and added each half to a tag. Each piece was just big enough to cover the major portion of a tag.


I added one of the little yellow flowers that I had used on my previous project and a yellow ribbon. Then I added some liquid pearls in the center of each flower and a couple of left-over leaves. My centers got a little "gloopy," but since this is just a tag that will be thrown away as soon as the package is opened, I didn't feel bad and decided to leave it as is.
















I searched through my stamps and found a Fiskars "for you" stamp that fit perfectly.

This was such an easy project, and I felt good about not throwing away a single scrap of that pretty doily. These will be perfect for my granddaughter's birthday gifts!

I know I haven't been posting much lately, but I've been trying to catch up on other things after a four-day trip to visit my three sisters. Luckily, they all live within 45 miles of each other, so I can see them all in one trip.

My youngest sister is also a cardmaker, so it was fun to spend a few minutes in her craft room looking at her most recent creations. She does beautiful work and is an inspiration to me!!


Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl



6 comments:

Taunya Butler said...

So excited and happy for you that you got to see your sisters!! I have 4 sisters and all but 1 live within 45 minutes of me and so does my mom so we see each other often!!! I love this idea of using the doily pieces in this way - I never want to waste either!! Still gushing over the way you made those doilies sparkle!! So fun and these tags will be perfect with a little treat or such!! Hope you are doing well and I will be back again soon to see you!!

Hannelie said...

So beautiful Cheryl! Lovely and feminine!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

These are so pretty. I love the use of scraps. Have a great weekend. And thanks for visiting.

designbydonna said...

Great use of your leftover doilies. Did I say how I love the sparkle and color?

Sue said...

Awesome idea, Cheryl, for using the left over doily. Tags turned out lovely. Your trip to visit your sisters sounds like fun. I also have been trying to stay ahead of the weeds, but it's a full time job! Enjoy the weekend.

Hugs
Sue

Lynne in NI said...

So pretty, what a fab way to use up those scraps :)