Wish List

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Sometimes pretty paper is almost all you need...

While I love to cut images on my Cricut or with punches and dies, sometimes all you need is some pretty paper and a tiny bit of embellishment.
One of my daughters gave me some paper pads and other cardmaking supplies for Mother's Day. This paper came from one of those pads. All I did for this 4.5" X 6" card was mat a 4" X 5.5" piece of the DSP with black CS, then colored the stems, leaves and selected parts of the flowers with a couple of ProMarkers. For a little further embellishment, I re-colored the dots on the flower petals with a white gel pen, added some stamen dots with gold liquid pearls and put a little bit of copper-colored Stickles in the flower centers.

This is what the flowers looked like before I did anything to them. They're pretty enough as is, but I like them even more when they have a bit more dimensional embellishment.

You can also see in this photo that the stems and leaves are not colored at all.

Here's a close-up of the flowers with my embellishments added. It didn't take long at all to add these simple embellishments, but they definitely draw the eye to the flowers.

It worked perfectly to just stamp the sentiment directly onto the paper.




Since this is a sympathy card, I kept the inside very simple. The paper is a fairly vibrant hue, but light enough to sign it or add a personal note.

While sympathy cards may not be as much fun to make as cards that are more celebratory, I always try to have a couple on hand in case I need them.














Do you have designer series papers that would make a pretty card with only a small amount of embellishment? I know I will be looking more carefully at my papers from now on to see if I have others that I can use in this way.

Thanks for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day!
Cheryl

1 comment:

Shanna said...

Love this one! You really added texture and dimension to make it pop. Love it!