Wish List

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Another graduation card...

One of my great nephews is graduating from high school this year, so I wanted to make a card especially for him. (How in the world did I get old enough to have a GREAT nephew?)
I created the "Word Search" paper at www.puzzle-maker.com. I simply typed in the word "congratulations" six or seven times to create the puzzle. Once I printed it out, I searched for and circled each "congratulations" with a red fine-point felt-tipped marker.  It would be fun to make a "Happy Birthday" or "Get Well" word search background paper for other cards. I'm sure you could come up with all kinds of ways to use this fun website.

The mortar board was cut from Everyday Paper Dolls, and I added an embroidery thread tassel. The flags and 2013 were cut from the Art Philosophy cartridge. I used a small alphabet stamp set to stamp M H S and the two stars on the flags with Versamark so I could emboss them in white.

In this side view, you can see that I've curled the flags up slightly for a little extra dimension. They've each been "hung" on a length of blue crochet thread which is anchored at each end with a blue pearl. I also adhered each little flag to the card with a pop dot. It's a little hard to see, but I frayed the ends of the crochet thread beyond the pearls. I thought it looked a little better this way.
















For the inside, I found a quote I liked and used my computer to print it onto some white cardstock.

The colors of my nephew's high school (which also happens to be the school I graduated from) are blue and white. When I was in high school, however, they had introduced a little bit of red into the basketball uniforms. I'm hoping they still use a bit of red since I also used it on this card. I think the red adds a feeling of celebration to the card. Besides that, it's one of my favorite colors. :)






Thanks for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

2 comments:

Shanna said...

love, love, love the wordsearch. How creative!!!

Linda said...

This is really cool! Thanks for the link to the puzzle maker. I will definitely try this one. TFS.

Linda