Wish List

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Congratulations graduate...

This year I needed a couple of graduation cards, so here's a fun one that was so quick and easy.
I used a strip of GCD Studios double-sided cardstock that 4" X 12" for the base card. I scored it on the long side at 4" and 8". This created 3 equal sections. The center section was scored diagonally from the top left-hand corner down to the bottom right-hand corner for a mountain fold in the center.

The 4" and 8" score lines were valley folds. The diagonal mountain fold was folded across the back section to form a pocket and held in place with a couple of square brads that went through all four layers. If you look closely you can see them at the top and bottom of the rectangle in this photo.





The pocket is perfect for tucking in a couple of bills, a check or a gift card.

I added a scalloped square cut at 5" from the Art Philosophy cartridge to the back of the base card. This backer not only added a design feature to the card, it also covered up the tines of the two brads that hold the pocket in place.










The owl was cut from Create a Critter 2 at 2". Instead of cutting a paper tassel and a flat diploma, I added a tassel made from embroidery thread and a diploma from a small piece of rolled vellum, tied with the same embroidery thread. I also used some liquid pearls for the eyes.















The banner was made with a Making Memories stamp that was fussy cut and adhered to the card with pop dots.

I had gotten the "Fly High" stamp in a grab bag of stamps and wondered how I would use it. I thought it fit this card perfectly.

I'm entering this card into the following challenge:

Fantabulous Cricut's Fantabulous Friday #160: Congratulations Graduate

This card was so quick, easy and fun to make, and I am going to use this design again - especially when I want to give a gift card or money.

Thanks for stopping by my blog, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

5 comments:

Patti J said...

Very cute, Cheryl, and what a fun inside pocket! Congrats to the grad!

Kim's Kreations said...

great attention to details. Love this idea with the pocket inside. Thanks for joining the challenge this week at FCCB. KimOogden

Missy said...

This is terrific! I really like your great color combination! Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week!!

Heather said...

Neat card! I really like the way you folded it to create the pocket on the inside. Great papers and cute owl image too! Thanks for joining us at FCCB for the graduation challenge this week!

debby4000 said...

soooo cute
luv
Debby