Wish List

Friday, May 24, 2013

Even though Mother's Day has come and gone...

...I decided to share a card I made for a special Aunt.
I cut the flowers using the Flower Shoppe cartridge and the leaves were made with a Martha Stewart punch. I drew on the stamens inside the flowers with a gold metallic pen and then used some brown stickles (even though they look black in the photo) for the centers.  You can see that I did some inking around the edges of the petals, as well as around the label shape that I used for the sentiment.

The white border under the ribbon was made with a Martha Stewart punch. In retrospect, I feel that I should have inked the edges of that, too. Oh, well. Maybe next time I'll remember to do that!

I shaped the flowers and the leaves with an embossing tool and adhered them to the card with some Diamond Glaze, which works great as a heavy duty adhesive.










I kept the inside simple, using just the Martha Stewart border punch to add some detail.

Both the front and inside sentiments were computer generated.

Now I need to get busy on some Father's Day cards for two dear uncles. Guess I'd better get back down in my "woman cave" as my husband calls my craft area. It's in the basement, so it is kind of a cave. :)










Thanks for stopping by today, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

No comments: