Wish List

Monday, May 13, 2013

One of my former co-workers is expecting a baby next month, so I decided to make a couple of cards to welcome her little one into the world. She has opted not to find out the gender of the baby, so I decided to make two cards, one in case it's a boy and another in case it's a girl.

Here's the first card, which will be great if she has a little boy:
This image is another one of those I found on the internet a long, long time ago. I'm sorry, but I honestly don't remember where it came from. It was simple to color with my ProMarkers with just a little shading here and there. The yellow patterned paper in the background is from the GCD Studios Indian Summer paper stack.

I cut the image out with a Lifestyle Crafts square label die. I then drew around the die itself and hand cut the blue mat under the image.

The "welcome" letters were some that were in my daughter's box of scrapbooking supplies. She sent all her supplies home with me so that I could do some scrapbooking for her, but I knew she wouldn't mind if I used a few of these letters for this card. They just worked so perfectly here. Each one is adhered with a pop dot for a little added dimension.

"Little One" was a rub-on that also came from my daughter's stash.

Here's a little closer look at this cute little guy. I'm thinking about using this image for a similar card for a girl. I think I could add a little bow from twine or crochet thread to those little hairs on top of the elephant's head. Don't you think that would work?












Here's a look at the inside. Babies do, indeed, touch the world with love!




















Thanks for stopping by my blog, and I hope you enjoyed today's baby card.

Enjoy your day wherever you are, and don't forget to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl

2 comments:

debby4000 said...

Sooooo cute.
luv
Debby

Shanna said...

Are you kidding me??? SO cute!! The colors and patterns are so contemporary but the little elephant is kind of classic. Love it!