Wish List

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Mother's Day cards for some special ladies...

Even though my mother passed away more than 20 years ago, I still have some special ladies in my life for whom I wanted to make some Mother's Day cards. They are aunts that I like to remember on special days like this. I have fond memories of visiting their homes when I was a child and playing with their children--my cousins. Here are the cards I made for them:
I started with a pre-made aperture card. The circle cutout was 1 3/4".  I used the Art Philosophy cartridge to cut the pretty circular frame around the cutout. To easily make this frame fit my card perfectly, I used my Gypsy to delete the original circle cut inside the frame and replaced it with a circle cut from the George cartridge that was exactly the same size as the circle cutout on my card. This was much quicker than trying to get the inside of the frame to fit by trial and error.

I also used the Tie the Knot cartridge to cut the perfect little flourish to add a little extra greenery. Since I had selected to use a green flower (they're all from Petaloo), I didn't want to add green leaves, as well. I think the flourish added just the right touch.

I was so happy to finally use some of the green flowers that came in a pack with other colors. I think they work really well on this card.

The butterfly was made with a Martha Stewart punch and I embellished it with three tiny pearls with Liquid Pearls.  I also added adhesive backed pearls to each of the flowers.








When you open the card, you can just see the flowers and the butterfly peeking through the aperture.

The sentiment is computer generated on the upper part of a scalloped oval (Lifestyle Crafts die), leaving room for a brief note and signature.










There are so many fun challenges out there right now, so I'm entering this card into the following:

Make My Monday: Anything that Flies

My Craft Spot #96: Something Special for Mom

Fantabulous Cricut #159: Mother's Day Card

Celebrate the Occasion #111: Happy Mother's Day

Thanks for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.
Cheryl


9 comments:

Patti J said...

Cheryl, these are so pretty, and I love that you see a circle on the front and the large oval inside! Great job, dear friend!

GiGi said...

Beautiful card! The cut out window is fabulous and I love the bright flowers! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot!

Angie's Paper Passion said...

I love your cards. They are beautiful! The flowers and the flourish go together so well and the window with the sentiment showing through is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing your trick on making the circle fit your card! And thanks also for playing along this week at FCCB!

Angie

Heather said...

These are beautiful! The frame around the opening is great and I love the flourish and the flowers you added. Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week!!

Kim's Kreations said...

Lovely Mother's Day cards. Love the little aperture trick I'll Have to try it sometime. Thanks for joining us this week at FCCB. Kim Ogden

Missy said...

Great card, I really like the pretty flowres! Thanks for joining our FCCB Mother's Day challenge this week!!

Unknown said...

Fabulous combo of colors and details, everything goes perfectly together here. Thank you for joining us at the Celebrate the Occasion challenge and hope to see you back again.
Hugs
Anna xxx

Fliss said...

Wow! Really pretty cards and love the aperture style. Thanks for joining in with our MMM anything that flies challenge.
Fliss x

Houses Built of Cards said...

So very pretty! Beautiful colors! Thanks for joining us this week at My Craft Spot!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com