Wish List

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

A card for a classy guy...

I am so lucky to have some amazing sons-in-law. They are all so bright, funny, interesting and hard working. Most importantly, however, they are great husbands and fathers! Here's a birthday card I made for one of them:
I love this image of a convertible from the Nifty Fifties cartridge. Believe me, I'm old enough to remember these cars.

Speaking of cars, when I was a child my grandmother had a lavender and white Cadillac. She even painted her house lavender to match her car! I remember as a 9- or 10-year-old being absolutely in awe of her electric windows. Her car was so classy compared to the timeworn 1947 Jeep station wagon my family drove.

The sentiment on both the front and inside of the card is computer-generated. For the red banner, I simply cut a strip from the DSP on the front of the card, leaving a narrow line connecting all the flags, and adhered it to the inside.








Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you enjoyed my card today. Remember to laugh--a little or alot--every day.
Cheryl

1 comment:

Patti J said...

What a wonderful card, Cheryl! And how nice that your son-in-laws are worthy of your kind words. Not many mom in laws can say that! You are a lucky lady! Thanks for sharing another great creation!,