Wish List

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Hooray! Hooray! Today's your big day...

Another card for my daughter's stash, this one was really fun to put together. I used the little cheerleader from Every Day Paper Dolls. She's a total cutie.

I used a Peachy Keen stamp for the facial features, rather than cutting them out with my Cricut. I love that I can delete cutting lines on faces with my Gypsy!

I also did a small amount of shading on the face, hands and knees with a couple of ProMarkers, and I added a tint of pink chalk to her cheeks.

One thing that I felt compelled to change about my little cheerleader was to make it look as though she is actually holding her pom poms. All of the characters in this cartridge stand with their hands splayed out in an unnatural way. I simply used a tweezer to bend her fingers around the handles of her pom poms and glued them in place.

To highlight her outfit, shoes and pom poms, I drew some simple lines with a white gel pen. I also added a little pearl on each hair bow with Liquid Pearls. I love the difference just a little white can make!

To create a focal spot for my little cheerleader, I cut a scalloped circle from the Art Philosophy cartridge and added a plain white circle to the center.  Scalloped circle shapes like this one can be found in lots and lots of cartridges.






It was easy to just use the same set up on the inside of the card.

I love this BIG happy birthday stamp. I'm not sure who made it - I lost the packaging long ago, but it's really fun to use on a card like this.











So glad you stopped in for a visit; remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day!
Cheryl

1 comment:

Linda said...

Oh my goodness, this is adorable. Love her pom-poms and the bows in her hair. You're right, she is a total cutie!!

Linda