Wish List

Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Sympathy card in pink...

Pink may not be your go-to color for sympathy cards, but I made one a few days ago and really liked the end result.

I began making this card by using a 3-D embossing folder on a very pale pink panel of cardstock. Once that was done, I used an ink blending tool that has a flat surface and uses felt pads to add some medium pink ink to the raised portions of the design.


There's a little texture in the paper, but I felt this only added to the pretty design of the EF.

The sentiment was die cut and glued to a strip of pink vellum, which I adhered to my embossed panel.

This panel was then taped to the front of a white cardbase.





The inside of the card featured a stamped sentiment.

I actually made two of these cards for the thrift store. They were quick to make, but the result was so pretty. I think I'll try a few more in other colors.

Renovation update: We have gotten our dining room walls painted and the furniture back in place. Now we're working on the living room. We had some nail holes, cracks and other wall blemishes that needed spackling. Once we get those filled and sanded, we'll paint the walls and move on to the next project - the stairs leading to the second story. We need to remove the carpet from those, determine if we can stain and finish or paint them, and then have a new runner installed. It's a never-ending saga!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

4 comments:

designbydonna said...

Pink is perfect for Sympathy cards. It is soft and serene. The flower embossing folder is pretty. I am a big fan of vellum as it always softens a project. Isn't that the truth--you start one project and it always leads to another.

Patti J said...

Beautifully done! I happen to love the pink. So much! Thanks for sharing!

Lynette said...

What a beautiful sympathy card, and such a great sentiment. I think the pink is very nice. Good luck with all your house projects - what a huge task! I have checked out all of your cards from the last couple weeks - awesome!

Glittered Paws said...

I love the pink sympathy card - and the embossing folder is perfect. This will bring comfort to the recipient. I don't even want to think about what we "need" to do here - I don't even know where to start.