Wish List

Friday, November 11, 2022

Simple get well card...

 

I made this card by using the partial die-cutting technique to create the lacy, scalloped edge on the front of my card. The die I used is actually meant to cut a lacy strip (it has a cutting blade across the top of the design, too), but I placed my plastic cutting plate below the top cut line so that I could keep that lacy edge as part of the card base front.


After cutting the fancy edge, I adhered some DSP to the top part of the front and then a strip of pink cardstock where the patterned paper ended. 

To finish it off, I added a pretty little die-cut butterfly with a couple of enamel dots for his body and a stamped sentiment that I had fussy cut.



On the inside, I added another stamped sentiment and a strip of the pink cardstock that covered the area underneath the lacy edge.

Simple, really, and very quick to make. 

The weather is turning cold here, and they are predicting a little snow this weekend. I dread the icy streets and wind so cold it takes your breath away. Fingers crossed for a mild winter!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

4 comments:

designbydonna said...

I love that lacy scallop, it adds elegance. The butterfly is. apretty accent. We are going to have that cold weather too. Today is 68. Tomorrow morning it is predicted to be 33 and snowing. Brrr!

Glittered Paws said...

Love the edging - I have a set of dies that give me different edges - now to remember where I put them. The sweet little butterfly is so sweet especially with the enamel dots. We went from AC to furnace overnight. We "may" have some snow flurries this weekend.

Patti J said...

Ver prett card! That detailed edge makes this card look so elegant! Beautifully done, my friend - thanks for sharing!

Lynette said...

Such a pretty and delicate card!! I love the edge.