Wish List

Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Finally, the Christmas card pile is growing...

I have been making 5-10 Christmas cards a day for the last few days. One day I even made 26 of them! My process is to choose a design, gather my materials, do any necessary prep work, and then make at least 10 cards using that design. 

The snowy tree scene was a freebie I got from thehungryjpeg.com. I planned the size I needed and where I wanted it to print on my cardstock. Then I printed out four scenes on one sheet of 8 1/2" X 11" white cardstock and cut them out to fit my cards. 


I made a template the same size as my card front to help me place my circle die in just the right spot.

I then cut a gold ring using two circle dies and used one of my reindeer dies to cut a small, gold reindeer.

"Season's Greetings" was also cut from the same metallic gold cardstock and glued to the front of each card.





The last thing I did was to stamp a sentiment on the inside below my snowy scene. It is completely hidden when the card is closed, but there is still plenty of room below it to write a brief note and sign the card.







Using this design, I made five blue cards and five white and silver cards (with a tiny bit of purple in the mat).

In my stash of Christmas embellishments, I found two sheets of  rhinestone snowflakes that needed to be used before the glue holding them together deteriorated. 

I started by using a "Merry and Bright" die to cut the letters out of the front panel of each card. Then I also cut the letters out of a piece of metallic silver CS and inlaid them into the front panel of each card. 

The only extra embellishment on each card was a big sparkly snowflake. I placed it over the "D" in AND, because it was still easy to read the sentiment even if that letter was obscured.


I love the way the snowflake gems reflect whatever color is near. In the bottom gem of this snowflake you can see the red of my sweater as I'm taking the photo.








On the inside of each card, I stamped a "Merry and Bright" sentiment. 

All the cards in this post were really fun to make. Who knows, I may make even more of them as I still need to make 25 or so before I have enough.

I made the cranberry relish today for Thursday's meal, and tomorrow I will start on the pies. My daughter is hosting Thanksgiving, but I have been charged with bringing the relish, pies and dinner rolls. I plan to make cherry, apple and pumpkin pies--all family favorites. 

If you celebrate it, I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving, surrounded by loved ones.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

4 comments:

designbydonna said...

These are both beautiful cards. I like the winter scene, it is so serene and the deer is the perfect accent. It looks just like a deer walking through a winter forest. Those big sentiments are spectacular, merry and bright indeed. Love the sparkly snowflakes. Having a quiet Thanksgiving, just the 2 of us so not a lot of prep required.

Patti J said...

Wow! Look at you go! These are beautiful cards, and will be cherished by whoever receives them. My deer hunter would like the first one! Today is last day of Gun season here. He’s not found a trophy buck yet, and always hates to shoot a doe, so we may not have any venison this year! Thanks for sharing!

Lynette said...

Wow, Cheryl - awesome cards! Good job of making so many of them. I think I have enough made now except that mine are not finished on the inside yet. I'm a bit behind, as I wanted to have the cards all done and ready to go. I like to mail them the day after Thanksgiving, but it surely isn't happening this year!! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Glittered Paws said...

Talk about awesome - such great cards - and I like your organization of making 5-10 cards of the same design. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.