Wish List

Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Best fishes...


For this card, I first created a background with the Pisces sign in a gold color. I just repeated the sign in rows and columns, and it created the pattern you see on my panel. "Best Fishes" was cut with a small alpha die set I have. It's a little tricky to line up the letters, but the regular pattern of the paper helped with that.


I found an image of these two fish online and printed them onto a white piece of cardstock. I gave them a watery background using a stencil and some blue ink.

Once that was done, I created my shaker element by cutting a circle (and a border for my circle), then adding foam tape underneath around the edge of the circle. I used some tiny micro beads as the shaker material, as I thought it looked like sand. The acetate cover for my "porthole" was just a piece of scrap packaging I had on hand.




I had the front of the card made for quite a while before I actually used it. By the time I created this card, I had purchased a set of fish dies. I decided to use one of them to add a little color to my computer-generated sentiment on the inside. I colored the die-cut to look a little bit like the fish on the front. I guess I should have added some fish whiskers to make it look more like a catfish!

This card was donated to the thrift store and it sold right away, so someone liked it, I guess.

I got to drive my granddaughter to school today. She had an early Jazz Band practice and her parents weren't available to get her there in time. She is always a joy to talk to, no matter the time of day. I love hearing about what is going on in her life. 

It has been snowing here since yesterday, so I was extra careful driving at 7:00 a.m. when the roads could still be icy. Thankfully, only the side streets were a bit slippery and the highway was fine. The roads are heavily salted in the wintertime in Minnesota, so as long as it's above 0 degrees, they're driveable. 

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

3 comments:

designbydonna said...

That is a great background you created. Goes great with the fish design. I agree the micro beads look like sand. Good job with the puns. See you can make masculine cards!

Patti J said...

How cute is this! Your inside sentiment is great, love the sand, and your background rocks! Thanks for sharing!

Lynette said...

What a great shaker card, Cheryl! How fun to be able to see the cards selling so quickly at the thrift store - very rewarding, for sure.