Wish List

Friday, November 18, 2022

Autumn Blessings...


These are some of the cards I made to send to family and friends for Thanksgiving. The fold is called an angled gatefold card, and I learned how to make it from a Stamp Your Art Out video by Rachel Tessman. She's a fellow Minnesotan and a fabulous cardmaker. 

I used slightly different measurements than she did by using 12" X 12" paper and cutting a card base that was 5 1/2" X 11 1/4", scored at 3 1/2" in from each end. My finished card was then the usual A2 size of 4 1/4" X 5 1/2". I used the same measurements for the angled cuts as she instructed on her video.

I used quite a few different old Stampin' Up papers. Since I made 16 cards like this , I was able to use up quite a few sheets. My circles were die-cut and then the edges were rubbed with a gold metallic ink pad. "Autumn Blessings" was heat-embossed with gold EP. A few flat-backed metallic gold pearls were added for a little shine.


My pretty leaves were double layered (with dimensionals between the layers) and had a smattering of glitter on them. 










I actually didn't make the leaves. They all came from two sticker sheets that I purchased at the Dollar Tree. The sheets each had such a nice selection of leaves and I used them on my personal cards as well as on cards for the thrift store.






This is what the cards look like when they're opened. I liked Rachel Tessman's description of this fold as being one that looks like a blanket wrapped around someone to keep them warm.


My inside sentiments were all computer-generated, then cut out with the same die that was used for the circle on the front. I also brushed the edges with my gold ink pad.








I am now knee-deep in Christmas card papers and embellishments. I hope to have them all done before December 1, but that means my card-making process has to continue steadily and without a hitch. Hopefully, I'll be able to share some of them in the near future.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

3 comments:

Patti J said...

Cheryl, these are beautiful! Your family will love them! I’ve found a few gems at Dollar Tree, as well. Wish I went more often! Thanks for sharing yet another gorgeous assortment of cards!

designbydonna said...

Beautiful cards. You do a great job with those alternate folds. That leaf looks so real. I actually went to the Dollar tore and bought the same sticker packw and used them on several cards. I might try this with some b/w papers.

Glittered Paws said...

So pretty - I am going to try your measurements for this card as well as watch the video - I have made this design a couple of times but...not without a struggle. Love the stickers from $$$ Tree - and love $$$ Tree as well. I've got all my fall cards out and I really think I have enough Christmas cards made that I won't have to make very many new ones. Have a Blessed Thanksgiving.