Wish List

Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Cone flowers to help you feel better...

 

I love seeing cone flowers (echinacea) in flower beds or in the wild. They are such a sturdy, vibrant flower and are valuable for their use in fighting viruses and the common cold. I know I've seen echinacea products in the cold medicine section at my local pharmacy. 

The pretty Spellbinder's oval that is centered on my card base is popped up on foam tape.


I used a little ink blending to color my petals, which I had cut out of white cardstock.

 To create the fuzzy "cone" center of my flower, I covered just the center die-cut with double-sided tape and then added some brown Flower Soft to it. I burnished it in by pressing down on it very firmly.

I think you can see in the photo at right how it gave a fuzzy look to the center.




Since I used double-sided cardstock for my card base, I had a nice pink pattern on the inside that coordinated with the color of my flowers.

I added a stamped sentiment, and my card was done.

Even though today is November 2, we managed to have grilled hamburgers for lunch and ate them on our patio. That's almost unheard of for Minnesota! We're usually bundled up whenever we're outside at this time of year.

Our only problem eating on the patio was that leaves kept falling on us from the Maple tree branches overhead. Every little gust of wind sent the leaves flying and fluttering downward.


Some of you have asked to see photos of our finished kitchen renovation. Here are a couple for you:


I love my little cooking alcove and the overall functionality of this kitchen design. We are still having a few things made for it: decorative shelf; triangular bench, that will also hold our recycling in the back entryway; and a coat rack with shelf and a shoe rack, also for the back entry.

The kitchen is still quite small, since we didn't change its footprint, but it is SO much more functional than the old one. I am very happy with the construction company (TLC Home Renovations) that managed the project. They came in at budget and without adding any extra time.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl

4 comments:

Patti J said...

Oh my, Cheryl! Your kitchen looks so pretty! I am totally taken with your cabinetry! Beautifully done! Your card is beautiful too! Thanks for sharing with us today!

designbydonna said...

You card is so pretty. I love that lacy oval background. I have been wondering what to use to make the fuzzy centers on the flowers. I had a massive fail trying to color a cotton ball to glue to it. Your kitches turned out great.

Lynne in NI said...

Such a pretty card, it would be sure to cheer you up if you were feeling poorly. Brilliant idea for your fuzzy centre!
And WOW to your kitchen Cheryl, I'm sure you are thrilled with it! (and I'm sure you are glad to see the back of your workmen!!) That was pretty amazing that they came in on budget... the cost of building materials has rocketed here this past while.

Glittered Paws said...

Don't know where to start - ok - the kitchen - what a great area to cook up some nice winter soups and breads. Love the redo.
Then on to the coneflowers - one of my favorite - I had to reach out and touch my computer screen to see if I could feel the flower soft, yes I kept mine and yes I know where it is. Great card.