Wish List

Friday, November 25, 2022

Sharing a couple more Thanksgiving cards...

 

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving meal at my daughter's house. The food was delicious, and it was fun to spend the holiday with family. I hope your day was as lovely as ours!

I had a couple more Thanksgiving cards to share with you, so thought I would do so quickly before I move on to sharing more of those Christmas cards I've been making at breakneck speed.

This one was a simple design, made a little more special by using gold strips on either side of my center panel, some gold embossing for the sentiment and Nuvo Drops. The leaf was cut with a stitched die and inked with three different fall colors. It has been popped up on dimensionals.


I just love ink blending with brushes. It blends so smoothly, and I think the results are beautiful!

To age the edges of my leaf a bit, I added some brown ink with a finger dauber.








On the inside, I added a stamped sentiment and a leaf that was made with a small punch.









These two cards were made using a design with a center flap that opens and two 1 1/4" sides that are adhered to the back of the card base. 


The leaves were dimensional stickers from Dollar Tree. I shared a photo of the sticker sheets in this post.

It's not visible in the photos here, but each leaf has a bit of glitter on it.






Underneath the center flap, I adhered an ivory-colored panel that was stamped with a Thanksgiving sentiment.

I really like this card design, so I'm trying to think of a Christmas card I could make using it. It's a great way to use up those scraps of DSP.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and remember to laugh--a little or a lot--every day.

Cheryl


3 comments:

designbydonna said...

Those beautiful leaves are just the accent for that patterned paper. I like the touches of gold. I made a center flap valentine this week. I'll share it before sending out.

Patti J said...

These are so pretty, Cheryl! I love blending inks, too, such a rich look! Thanks for sharing! Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving. We had dinner with Stan’s brother and his wife, and another couple we know whose families are out of state. Quiet day!

Glittered Paws said...

Very pretty - I love to blend inks as well - sometimes don't get it the way I want it but.... I like the center flap card, haven't made one of those in a really long time.